The world of Avatar is primarily filled with hybrids of various real world animals, with each region having its own creatures.
Air Nomad Creatures
- Flying Bison — Large, flying mammal sacred to the Air Nomads as the original Air Benders.
- Winged Lemur — Flying black and white primate kept as a pet.
- Arctic Hippo — Mammal that lives in the South Pole and is hunted for its blubber.
- Dolphin Piranha — A marine animal capable of eating humans.
- Koala Otter — Oceanic mammal with gray fur and large ears.
- Otter Penguin — Penguin with four flippers used for sledding.
- Tiger Seal — Striped brown seal.
- Tiger Shark — A powerful animal that is a cross between a tiger and a shark.
- Turtle Seal — Brown seal with a hard shell, native to the North Pole.
- Arctic Camel — A thick furred, two humped animal from the Southern Water Tribe used for transportation.
- Arctic Hen — Arctic bird bred for its meat in the Southern Water Tribe; tastes similar to the possum chicken.
- Buffalo Yak — Four-legged, furry, horned mammal used for transportation.
- Mink Snake — Lives in the South Pole; known to bite humans.
- Polar Bear Dog — A large, four-legged wild carnivore; it was historically feared and hunted by the Water Tribe, but can be tamed.
- Polar Leopard — White leopard that preys on turtle seals; used for clothing in the Southern Water Tribe.
- Snow Leopard Caribou — Large feline used as a mount by warriors in the South Pole.
- Armadillo Lion — Armadillo and lion cross.
- Badger Mole — Enormous, subterranean blind mammals; the original Earth-benders.
- Beetle Worm — Worm and beetle hybrid that is occasionally used as an ingredient in soup.
- Boar-Q-Pine — Large wild boar covered in sharp, detachable spines.
- Buzzard Wasp — Enormous flying insect that resides within the Si Wong Rock.
- Cabbage Slug — Small yet destructive agricultural pest.
- Camelephant — Four-legged mammal with a long nose; used for transportation.
- Canyon Crawler — Insectoid, six-eyed, omnivorous creatures native to the Great Divide.
- Cat Owl — Large, predatory bird with feline facial features.
- Cat Gator — Fierce reptile endemic to the Foggy Swamp and characterized by its feline barbells.
- Crane Fish — Noisy birds found near coastlines.
- Creeping Slime — An algae-like mass that crawls up the walls of the sewers in Omashu.
- Deer Dog — Domesticated canine with antlers found in the Si Wong Desert.
- Dragonfly — Flying, serpentine lizard that resembles a dragon.
- Eel Hound — Amphibious four-legged creature; used for quick transportation over both land and water.
- Elbow Leech — Enormous parasitic worm that attaches to elbows and feeds on human blood.
- Elephant Koi — Massive oceanic koi fish.
- Elephant Mandrill — Mandrill and elephant cross.
- Elephant Rat — Black rodent with a large snout.
- Fire Ferret — Red arboreal mammal common to bamboo forests.
- Flying Fishopotamus — Combination of a hippo and a fish that people often ride for entertainment.
- Fox Antelope — Horned four-legged herbivore with a tail.
- Gemsbok Bull — Stocky brown animal with large horns.
- Giant Fly — Giant bug regularly consumed by the Foggy Swamp Tribe.
- Giant Night Crawler — Giant worm.
- Giant Rhinoceros Beetle — Giant beetle; used for transportation.
- Gilacorn — Small desert-dwelling, egg-stealing lizard.
- [[Glowfly (5e Creature)|Glowfly — Bioluminescent fly.
- Goat Dog — Small, shaggy, white canine kept as a pet.
- Gopher Bear — Cross between a gopher and a bear.
- Goat Gorilla — Aggressive primate which inhabits secluded mountains and woodland; are sometimes held in captivity and tamed.
- Hermit Marmoset — Chimerical creature with a strong shell that can last for centuries, which is often collected by shell connoisseurs.
- Hog Monkey — Forest-dwelling ape with a squashed face.
- Hopping Llama — Presumably a llama that can hop, as the name implies.
- Hoppy Possum — Cross between a frog and a possum.
- Horned Toad — Large amphibian with black horns.
- Hybrid Pigs — Includes the wooly-pig, moo-sow, picken, pigster, pig deer, bull pig, and pig chicken.
- Iguana Parrot — Green reptilian bird with large talons.
- Leech-A-Pillar — Leech and caterpillar cross.
- Lop-Eared Rabbit — Nimble rabbit with long, drooping ears.
- Ostrich Horse — Large brown bird commonly used for transportation.
- Platypus Bear — Bear with a large bill and flat tail; lays edible eggs.
- Poodle Monkey — Domesticated simian pet.
- Possum Chicken — Bird hunted in the Foggy Swamp; tastes similar to arctic hen.
- Prickle Snake — Serpentine creature which is known to hide in sleeping bags, posing a danger to its occupier.
- Purple Pentapus — Small cephalopod with five tentacles.
- Pygmy Puma — Smaller and sleeker species of puma bred for and adapted to living in a compact city environment.
- Quilled Chameleon — Reptile found in the densely forested regions.
- Rabaroo — Cross between a rabbit and kangaroo; young rabaroos are nurtured in their mothers' pouch.
- Saber-Tooth Moose Lion — Moose and lion cross; cubs are not aggressive, but mature females are protective of their young.
- Sand Shark — Massive shark-like predator that inhabits the inner regions of the Si Wong Desert.
- Screeching Bird — White and gray bird with a shrill, piercing call.
- Sea Vulture — Scavenger bird that inhabits the western coast of the Earth Kingdom.
- Pass Serpent — Large aquatic creature that inhabits the East and West Lakes and is capable of dismantling a Fire Nation cruiser.
- Se Tu — Large green catfish.
- Scorpion Bee — Flying insect that gathers in large swarms and stings ferociously when aggravated.
- Shirshu — Large, eyeless mammal with a pink, star-shaped nose; has a keen sense of smell used for tracking and navigation.
- Singing Groundhog — Small, brown, and furry rodent with a musical call.
- Skunk Bear — Cross of a skunk and a bear.
- Skunk Fish — Foul-smelling, oily fish.
- Spider Snake — Ten-eyed chimerical creature known to inhabit the Earth Kingdom. In gambling, rolling two fives is known as "spider snake eyes".
- Spider Wasp — Cross between a spider and a wasp; known to have inhabited Yu Dao.
- Unagi — Enormous eel that inhabits the South Sea near Kyoshi Island.
- Viper Bat — Serpent-like creature with bat wings found in caves.
- Wolfbat — Large, snub-nosed bat that resides within the Cave of Two Lovers.
- Wood Frog — Amphibian with medicinal properties.
- Badger Frog — Green and brown frog with a trim of white fur.
- Flying Dolphin Fish — A cross between a dolphin and a flying fish; can be used for recreational purposes.
- Iguana Seal — Green aquatic reptile characterized by its unusual call.
- Turtle Crab — Crab with a protective turtle shell.
- Turtle Duck — Duck with a protective green shell.
- Dragon — Large, flying reptile with a long body; the original firebenders.
- Lion Vulture — Vulture and lion cross.
- Raven Eagle — Avian animal that can be trained to intercept messenger hawks.
- Aardvark Sloth — Used in the Sun Warriors' ancient city to clean off slime.
- Armadillo Bear — Large bear with a hard, segmented shell.
- Cave Hopper — White arthropod with four legs.
- Dragon Moose — Used for pulling carriages.
- Elephant Rat — Elephant and rat cross.
- Hippo Cow — Domesticated omnivorous mammal with black spots.
- Koala Sheep — Koala and sheep hybrid.
- Komodo Chicken — A cross between a komodo dragon and a chicken; can be consumed as food.
- Komodo Rhino — Ferocious creature characterized by its versatility and ability to function over many different types of terrain; it is therefore useful as a cavalry mount, but is also used to make komodo sausages.
- Meer Penguin — A cross between a meerkat and a penguin.
- Mongoose Lizard — Mongoose and basilisk lizard cross used for transportation.
- Puma Goat — A cross between a puma and a goat.
- Tigerdillo — A hybrid between a tiger and an armadillo; known for its roar and defensive nature.
- Tiger Monkey — Hybrid of a tiger and a monkey.
- Lion Turtle — the origin of all bending powers, Lion turtles are the oldest living creatures, originating from the earliest days life and continuing to live to the current day.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Campaign Settings → World of Avatar: The Last Airbender (5e Campaign Setting)