From D&D Wiki
Some IP has been vandalizing this page Starcraft Marine (5e Class). I am not sure if you guys think it is worth dealing with but I figured bring it to your attention. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by TeslaFistforge (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts.
- SirSprinkles appears to have handled this. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 17:31, 10 September 2020 (MDT)
Several IPs have been editing this page despite the author asking this to not be done. I reverted the changes but the IPs in question have also been causing problems elsewhere, so I figured I would bring it to your attention. TeslaFistforge (talk) 22:24, 20 September 2020 (MDT)
Hopefully I am not bothering anyone but I have a few questions. I have been doing cleaning up by reverting malicious edits, and I was wondering: one, how do you revert an entire page back to a point before any of the malicious edits were made, as often times people will make multiple edits and the revert feature only does one edit at a time; two, would the administration as a whole rather that I report it here or just fix it myself? TeslaFistforge (talk) 13:44, 12 September 2020 (MDT)
- 1) If you click on the timestamp of when the edit was made in the "history" tab, it will show you what the page looked like at the time of that edit. If you then click "edit", the edit screen will warn you that you are editing an old version of the page. If you change nothing and click "Save", you'll revert the edits made since then.
- 2) There's no real need to report vandalism if you have already cleaned it up yourself, unless you judge the edits to be particularly problematic. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 20:44, 12 September 2020 (MDT)
Homebrewing Subclasses and Subraces for an existing Homebrew Class
I've been hanging around looking at some of the homebrew here for quite a few years now, with little actually making of my own. The other day I thought about trying and making a couple subraces for a homebrew race that I thought could do with more, but then I realised that as said race was locked it probably wouldn't be a good idea to add subraces directly to it. Then, today I thought about perhaps trying to make a subclass or two for an existing homebrew class, but then as well as thinking against it but remembering the previous time. I then thought - would it be possible to have a separate page for a homebrew subrace/class for a homebrew race/class, similar to how we have those for existing races and classes? If, what would be the recommended thing for me to do? Flamechar33 . . 17:49, 20 September 2020 (BST)
- Creating all the homebrew entries is not really good, because you need to use the homebrew page anyway for the reference. For this reason, everything should be accessible from the main page for the homebrew creation. --Green Dragon (talk) 14:16, 20 September 2020 (MDT)
- What I think GD means is that if you make your own sub(race/class) for an already homebrew race or class, it will end up as an orphaned page because there aren't any DPLs for sub-parts of homebrew races/classes. Although, this could be rectified easily by just adding an "other/uncategorized" section to 5e Subclasses, and there is already such a section for 5e Subraces. If you make your own sub-part for a homebrew page, though, I think the general preference is for it to be added to the existing homebrew page for that race or class. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 15:12, 20 September 2020 (MDT)
- Ok, I understand. Sorry for the late answer/thanks, and thanks! Flamechar33 . . 19:58, 24 September 2020 (BST)