In the year 2148, explorers on Mars discovered the remains of an ancient spacefaring civilization. In the decades that followed, these mysterious artifacts revealed startling new technologies, enabling travel to the furthest stars. The basis for this incredible technology was a force that controlled the very fabric of space and time.
They called it the greatest discovery in human history.
The civilizations of the galaxy call it...
Campaign Setting Information
- Manipulate reality with biotics as an adept, control technology as an engineer, slay your foes with overwhelming firepower as a soldier, or have some combination of the three.
- Across 52,850 light years, the Milky Way is inhabited by numerous races, some held in higher regard than others.
- Armor, weapons, omni-tools, biotic amps, housing, ships, planets, etc.
- Additional homebrew feats available in this setting.
- Background & Languages
- The walks of life across the galaxy are as varied as its races.
- Downtime Activities
- Activities for players to do while not adventuring.
World of Mass Effect
The universe of Mass Effect is as detailed as it is vast, too much in either quality to be summarizable on this wiki. For more lore-based information on the Mass Effect universe, see Mass Effect's dedicated wiki.
- Mechs, animals, beasts from the depths of uncharted worlds, and even those twisted by beings even farther than space.
- Soldiers, pirates, mercenaries, other people a party may fight or befriend.
Dungeon Master's Guide
- Variant Rules
- The fundamental rules for DMs to implement while playing a campaign in the Mass Effect setting.
- Quests, dungeons, campaigns, and conflicts found within the setting.
- Tables for random encounters or loot, music playlists, and other things.
- Adding to Mass Effect
- An optional page for others to submit their ideas, advice, and anecdotes for the development of the setting.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Campaign Settings