User talk:Green Dragon
From D&D Wiki
I welcome discussions! Although before contacting me see if your question is not dealt with on Meta Pages.
Among other things, I am looking for Featured Articles, and I want your contributions to support this process!
- 1 Questions about the Mistborn DND class and request for changes?
- 2 Discord Verification
- 3 Your userpage
- 4 5e Creature Preload
- 5 Maintenance script
- 6 About your marvelous class Engineer
- 7 Getting verified on the Discord sever.
- 8 About the Gunner Class
- 9 Help
- 10 Image help & guidelines
- 11 5e To-Do
- 12 How do I change my password
- 13 Page Creation
- 14 Discord Ping
- 15 New TTRPG
- 16 problems
- 17 Small Thanks
- 18 How dare you block me
- 19 class name change
- 20 Concerning the bub-chi race
- 21 Someone completely overwrited my witch hunter class that you protected the other day and I no longer have access to set it back :(
Questions about the Mistborn DND class and request for changes?
Hi, i was wondering if you know the creator/ are the creator of the Mistborn class you reverted the changes about a couple days ago? i didnt mean to ruin others work i just didnt know i wasnt allowed to edit, anyway, what i wanted to ask is about the metal slots? theres no mention of how many there are per level/at all except in burning showing that there are at least 4 per metal and its very confusing so i contacted you-if you have the answer please change the page/ if you know the creator please notify them? i appreciate the creation of the class a lot it really made me have fun :)
- The page was created by Dread Claw and has been edited by many users including anonymous ones. You may try that users page but it looks like they've stop following the article, which is in need of much help. Red Leg Leo (talk) 13:18, 21 April 2020 (MDT)
Hello my name is Mirk. I wanted to ask to be verified as a user in the DnD Wiki discord server. I also had a few questions what I need to do to edit things appropriately, and how to formally do an edit. I was also wondering if I want to contact a person who made a class, race, etc. how to contact them. My discord on the server is Mirk#9805. Also if you have someone else you prefer me to talk to let me know. Thanks, Mirk.
Hey GD, just a heads up that I protected your userpage, since it seems to be a semi-frequent target for vandalism. Let me know if I've overstepped. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 14:01, 24 April 2020 (MDT)
5e Creature Preload
A few days ago, I left some notes on the 5e Creature Preload's talk page about some quality of life issues. As it is Admin only, I can not enact the changes myself, and I have received no response since then. I would be very thankful if you or any of the other admins could take a look at it. --Ref3rence (talk) 14:25, 26 April 2020 (MDT)
- I have unlocked this page while you make the changes. Just let me know when I can lock it again. --Green Dragon (talk) 12:47, 27 April 2020 (MDT)
Hey GD. Going through the CfDs that has hundreds of articles. Pretty much they are mostly images uploaded by the unregistered user named above. Their contributions look like this was a system dump you guys done way back when. Any enlighten on this situation? Reference has only touched the surface of MS image dump in the system and I want to make sure we are deleting these for the right reason. Red Leg Leo (talk) 13:07, 27 April 2020 (MDT)
- What unregistered user named above?
- When the archaic "D&D Wiki Media" was merged with the main D&D Wiki the user  should be displayed. --Green Dragon (talk) 13:13, 27 April 2020 (MDT)
About your marvelous class Engineer
Hello Green Dragon,
First thank you and congratulation for this class. i play it in a campaign and have two questions.
On the Battletech specializations you say for the extra attack "Beginning at 6th level, you may make three weapon attacks, instead of two, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn." Does that mean all engineer gain a extra attack on level 5 ?
On the gadgeeter specialization for oveclock gadget you say all the gadget's energy requirements areduced by 1. Does that include signature device ? Same for the increase the DC.
Thanks for the class and sorry for my english not my native language.
Have a nice day
- This is a community made class. You should ask these questions on the talk page, or just try to fix the problems so that we can look over the changes in case there are problems with them. --Green Dragon (talk) 11:07, 7 May 2020 (MDT)
Getting verified on the Discord sever.
My discord info is [Sparky] The1&OnlyMe #6742. I hope to contribute to the D&D wiki in whatever way i can. Thanks for verifying me.--184.108.40.206 19:22, 4 June 2020 (MDT)
- Not sure how I can verify your information without a wiki username --Green Dragon (talk) 12:48, 5 June 2020 (MDT)
GD, am I interpreting your message in Discord correctly when I say you think the wiki's rules against foul language were applied wrongly on the Discord server, and that the profanity filter should be removed? When I implemented it I was operating based on Help:Behavioral Policy#Language and Adult Theme which states "D&D Wiki forbids the use of profane language...D&D Wikians are urged to utilize alternative wording to express the same meanings of any individual curse word." Was my interpretation of policy not correct? — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 14:04, 20 June 2020 (MDT)
About the Gunner Class
Hi, I was just wondering why you marked the Gunner as incomplete, as it is a prestige class, it only has 10 levels, not 20, so it can’t be that. I voiced my concern on the talk page for the Gunner class, but you didn’t respond, so I’m messaging you directly, thank you! —-Kanon (talk) 07:13, 17 June 2020 (MDT)
Hello, I'm new in the website and i'd like to make a post Could you tell me how? Thanks Allizin
Image help & guidelines
Hey there, I put together a little set of guidelines for images to make it easier for users to understand image use on the wiki, found here. I think it would be a useful thing to add to the help space. I think it covers pretty much everything, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing anything. --PJammaz (talk) 07:35, 22 June 2020 (MDT)
- Thanks for the text. I have implemented it. Is this how you intended it to be? --Green Dragon (talk) 12:58, 22 June 2020 (MDT)
Just letting you know that I categorized the uncategorized pages, except the talk pages, because there are 10,000+ of those, and they don’t need a category anyway. So I crossed that off. Additionally, regarding the Category:Other tag, doesn’t monstrosity fill that in, it says on Roll20 that monstrosity is a catch-all type. Even then, Nephilims are humanoids/celestial or fiends, so I don’t see why that warrants an other tag being made. Of course, I’m not an admin, I don’t know how stuff like this usually goes or should go, I’m just throwing in my two cents. 16:51, 6 July 2020 (MDT)
- Alright, makes sense. Thank you for the clarification! 08:41, 7 July 2020 (MDT)
How do I change my password
Hello Green Dragon, Quick question, how do I change my password? I'm having a bit of trouble navigating the site. Thanks
- Click the link that says "Preferences" in the top right hand corner of the page, then click on the button that says "change password." Follow the instructions that appear. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 23:36, 15 July 2020 (MDT)
i wanted to create the ghirahim page for he hyrule campaign setting but i can’t create pages. i thought i might need and account, but it wouldn’t let me make and account either
- Sorry about this, the create new user function is working once again. Thanks for the heads up! --Green Dragon (talk) 12:24, 4 August 2020 (MDT)
- Peter, please respond to my Discord PM and let me know what is going on. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 20:54, 3 August 2020 (MDT)
I couldn’t find any hard rules on it besides a few implications in help:Precedent, but would this wiki be an appropriate place to construct an entire pen & paper rpg? I’ve been gestating an idea for a while now and really want to let it see the light of day. It’d have a derivative tag if that changes anything. Regardless of the answer, thank you for taking time out of your day as an admin. —Ref3rence (talk) 17:09, 4 August 2020 (MDT)
- A couple users have used their userspaces to store their own homebrew systems, so there shouldn't be any issue with you doing the same thing. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 17:22, 4 August 2020 (MDT)
- Wonderful! Being restricted to user pages would explain why I didn’t turn anything up on my initial search. I wish there was a proper tab on the sidebar for misc. systems like this or simply rarer system homebrew, but I feel like it would end up like every campaign setting pages but with more characters (few fleshed our ideas, lots of minor fluff). Thanks for the help Geo. —Ref3rence (talk) 17:30, 4 August 2020 (MDT)
whenever i make a new page the formatting comes out incorrectly. could you please help fix this? below is a link to an example of the problem. Demise (5e Creature)
Saw how you rolled back my race the awakened aqua when some nobody power gamers went wild with it, thanks man, I haven't been active and they almost ruined it.
How dare you block me
Assypenguin is a perfectly fine name
- Is it a penguin's head on a donkey's body, or donkey's head on a penguin's body? —Sledged (talk) 08:08, 7 August 2020 (MDT)
class name change
I recently created a 5e Homebrew class. I must have done something wrong because now when I search for it under 5e Homebrew classes it shows on the list as "Add New 5e Class", instead of "Labrys Knight". I tried searching for how to fix it, but cant find anything explaining how or what i did wrong. Can you help?
Concerning the bub-chi race
hey Ummm... I appreciate you aiming to help with the wiki page for the bub-chi and such, and I am not aware of any official changes. Though the race still isn't 100% finished, as I'm still discussing other attributes as well as working out balance so the race isn't blatantly over or underpowered.
But considering you're an administrator, was the editing part of a major overhaul, or am I missing something? (Most of the edits were me in the history, save from one other who showed up out of nowhere.) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Yukimare (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts.
- To me it looks like GD simply made a mistake. I'll go ahead and re-place the template. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 16:38, 3 September 2020 (MDT)
Someone completely overwrited my witch hunter class that you protected the other day and I no longer have access to set it back :(
Hello Green Dragon. Someone edited my witch hunter class https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Witch_Hunter_(5e_Class) and COMPLETELY deleted all my work :(. Now I can only access it by going into older versions. Is there any way that I can make a wiki page class that other people are not allowed to tamper with, and or get back my witch hunter class because at this point it's completely gone :(. Thank you