Elves, Newesti (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|Blades Of Keran|
Newesti (Newesti means True Elf in Estilex) are more often amused than excited, and more likely to be curious than greedy. With such a broad lifespan, they tend to keep a broad perpective on events, remaining aloof and unfazed by petty happenstnace. This generally causes them to be casual with problems and hazards believing they will fix the problem when they eventually reach it. They are slow to make friends, and even slower forgetting enemies. They reply to petty insults with disdain, and serious insults with vengence.
Newesti are short and slim, standing about 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 feet tall and typically weighing only 95 to 135 pounds, with Newesti men the same height as and only marginally heavier than Newesti women. They are gracefull but frail. They tend to be fair skinned and dark haired, with deep green or amber eyes. Newesti have no facial or body hair. Once they reach maturity their bodies never show any normal sign of aging, but when they reach the age of 700 their bond with nature becomes uncontrollable. They start to transform into an animal. If they are in their homeland the Newesti assembly will start a ritual, this will allow the Newesti to not only chose what animal they will transform into, but also allow the Newesti to keep their mind and personality intact.
The Newesti are currently at war with the dwarves. They barely have any contact with any other races as they can't leave their homeland without the proper papers. This stops Newesti from having relations with other races.
Since elves love freedom, variety, and self-expression, they lean strongly toward the gentler aspects of Chaos. Generally, they value and protect others' freedom as well as their own, and are more often good than evil.
They live in the forest nation of Estikar. Their they live happlily, but to leave they require the proper papers, which must be renstated every 20 years. They are also required to return to their homeland once they reach the age 700. Any Newesti that breaks these rules will be hunted and slain by an Newesti order known as the "Seekers".
They commonly worship the gods of nature, they also commomnly worship the moons of magic.
All Newesti learn Estilex. The language of Estikar. They also learn normally "Trade Tongue" for if they ever have to leave their homeland.
An Newesti chooses their name at their 100th birthday. This name can be anything, but an elder must approve. If no elders approve of the name then the Newesti must go through other options until a suitable name is chosen. As their names are normally made from random words in Estilex there aren't any common names.
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Constitution.
- Humanoid (Elf).
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Newesti have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Newesti base land speed is 30 feet.
- Fey Blood: Newesti were once ancient fey which travelled to Keran. Even though they have changed severely over the centuries they retain some of their power. Newesti gain Fey Heritage Feat as a bonus feat. They are also immune to the Sleep effects of the Fey Wilds.
- Keen Sense: +3 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
- Low-Light Vision: A Newesti can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Woodland Stride (Ex): A Newesti may move through any sort of undergrowth (such as natural thorns, briars, overgrown areas, and similar terrain) at his normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. However, thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that have been magically manipulated to impede motion still affect him. If a Newesti would later gain Woodland Stride as a class feature, the Newesti gains instead +10ft to his base land speed while in the wilderness.
- Weapon Proficiency: A Newesti has proficiency with Shortwords and Shortbows.
- Favored Class: Ranger.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|600 years||650 years||700 years||+? years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4’ 5”||+2d6||85 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4’ 5”||+2d6||80 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|