|Appalachia, Credit: Appalachian Regional Commission of the US Government, 2008
What if the Indians were Elves, and drove the white men back into the sea?
And yet human settlements survive in the Appalachian mountains.
Appalachia can be an elven centered campaign where the enemies are humans, or a human centered campaign where the enemies are elves. It is desgned for the Elven Indians to be the enemies.
Appalachia is rife with stereotypes, so if you are politically correct, you are not going to enjoy this campaign. None-the-less try to avoid egregious racism when running and playing this campaign. The humans are under attack from all sides and so they tend to band together and care much less about skin color than humans in our world do. Also, please no anti-semitism.
Half-elves are never to be trusted
- A quick look at what classes exist in Appalachia and how they each fit in.
- Various gear, goods, equipment and magical items available to characters.
- Information on spells and enchantments, as well as the nature, uses and practices of magic.
- Descriptions of the race within Appalachia and how they interact with one another and the rest of the world.
- An examination of Appalachia's pantheon of gods, their common appearances, their attributions, their practices of worship and how they commonly interact with the world.
- Factions and Organizations
- Detailed information of the different groups of Appalachia and how they all interact with each other and the rest of the world.
World of Appalachia
- An examination of monsters and beasts in the world of Appalachia and how they've adapted to the world
- The common calendar and holidays of Appalachia
- World's interactions and connections with the broader multiverse and planes.
- The World & Locales
- The world of Appalachia and the nations cultures and peoples within it.
- The broad history of Appalachia, divided into general eras.
- A quick look at common societal trends and laws found in the world of Appalachia.
Dungeon Master's Guide
- A general explanation of Appalachia and the general world building mindset, along with various outside resources and examples to use as references in developing a campaign or understanding the world. As well as a to-do list.
- Artifacts of great power and importance
- General maps for the DM's use.
- Variant Rules
- Optional rules for DMs to implement while playing a campaign in Appalachia.
- Adventures & Tables
- Ideas for quests, dungeons, campaigns and conflicts. Also tables for random encounters and other things.
- Adding to the world of Appalachia
- A page for submitting ideas, advice and anecdotes from your campaigns for the development of the setting
Including images within your page may bring appeal to a lot of viewers and it helps to show what your world's greatest aspects are. I recommend putting a visually appealing picture at the beginning of your page to draw the attention of your viewers
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Campaign Settings