This setting isn’t playable yet. If you would like to contribute it would be much appreciated.
“Planets lacking in strong central government and low in population density. These places tend to hover around the industrial level of technology or lower. Because they’re not homogenized by a central government, they tend to see a lot of interaction between people of different technology levels, as travelers crash-land or ancient communities stumble out of their cryptosleep vaults. These planets are often at the rim of known space, hence the name.” -Rimworld Lore.
Many people come to the Rim for several reasons. Most crash land here on accident, some come seeking adventure, and others come to conquer and colonize its land. Regardless of who you are, the Rim is a place of infinite opportunity for everyone in it.
Campaign Setting Information
- Rimworld’s version of classes.
- The powerful optional Classes on the rim and their roles.
- Races that live on the rim and how common/rare they are.
- Potions, Poisons, and Drugs
- Mounts and Animals
- Other Goods and Services
- Research & Benches
- Additional feats and craftables that can be obtained with benches.
- Background & Languages
- Additional backgrounds & languages available on the rim.
Life on the Rim
The World & Locales
- Information on the world, regions, and nations of the Rim
- Time and History
- For the finer details of Rimworld’s lore check out he official wiki
- A look at common societal trends and laws found in the campaign setting.
- Space & Planets
- You aren’t limited to just one planet on the rim, there is a multitude of different types of worlds to explore as well as ships for space travel.
- A pantheon of the gods in the campaign setting, which includes their symbols, their attributions, their practices of worship, and how/if they commonly interact with the world.
Dungeon Master's Guide
- An examination/list of monsters found on the Rim.
- Various peoples and individuals that populate the rim.
- List of magical items available on the Rim.
- Variant Rules
- Optional rules for DMs to implement while playing a campaign in Rimworld.
- Quests, dungeons, campaigns, and conflicts found on the rim.
- Tables for random encounters/loot tables/other things.
- Adding to Rimworld
- An optional page for others to submit their ideas, advice, and anecdotes for the development of the setting.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Campaign Settings