D&D Wiki Magazine/Issue 2
From D&D Wiki
This is a featured article!
The theme for Issue 2 is "Magic Weapons"
- Update 15th September
You can find Issue 2 of Houserule on D&D Wiki using the following link File:Houserule Issue 2.pdf.
Issue 2 of Houserule is now available at DriveThruRPG, my thanks again to all the contributors involved!
- Way of the Scholar Blade (5e Archetype) Undecided if it fit the magical weapon theme.
- P.S. Will be fixing the Rune Blade (5e Archetype) if nobody minds.
Axe of Hurling Beacon Bow Charged Weapon Feyslay Neekar Ensilvering Ammunition Snake Eyes Thieving Blade Ethereal Weapon (5e Equipment) Whisper Blade Wind Cutter Witherwhip
Launch Bolt (5e Spell) Claws of the Dragon (5e Spell) Woeful Stab (5e Spell) Bane Bow (5e Spell) Bonesword (5e Spell) Detect Weapons (5e Spell) Glass Cannon (5e Spell) Thunderwhip (5e Spell) Spell Blade (5e Spell)
Beaver's Tooth (3.5e Equipment) Binding Dart (3.5e Equipment) Dawn (3.5e Equipment) and Dusk (3.5e Equipment) Electric Mandolin (3.5e Equipment) Forge Destroyer (3.5e Equipment) Morsblade (3.5e Equipment) Greased Blade (3.5e Equipment) Head Cleaver (3.5e Equipment) Impact Shield (3.5e Equipment) The Golden Palm (3.5e Equipment) Weeping Isis (3.5e Equipment) Witchslap (3.5e Equipment)
Going through 3.5e Magical Weapon Enhancements so far I have added:
Ambivalent (3.5e Equipment) Battle Master (3.5e Equipment) Keening (3.5e Equipment) Phantom (3.5e Equipment) Volley (3.5e Equipment)
- Legacy item
Acid Bomb (3.5e Spell) Bladesong (3.5e Spell) Bladesong, Greater (3.5e Spell) Bound Weapon (3.5e Spell) Call Weapon (3.5e Spell) Doppelwaffen (3.5e Spell) Nivlac's Speedy Snowball (3.5e Spell) Metal Paw (3.5e Spell) Rushing Fist (3.5e Spell) Time's Arrow (3.5e Spell)
Weapon Summoner- too many issues, unlikely to be ready in time. Hammer of the Lightbringer (5e Equipment)- I can't include IP. Holy Axe of Darkul the Gold- I just don't like it.
- Eagle Bow (5e Equipment) - Copies too much from Eyes of the Eagle (DMG)
- Flying Double Sword (5e Equipment) - I'm not adding new weapon types in this issue, but a good candidate for the future
- Storm Hammer (5e Equipment) - Too similar to the Axe of Hurling already included, and similar to magic hammers in the DMG.
- Centurion Spear (5e Equipment) - Ditto
- Red Queen (4e Equipment) - IP (Devil May Cry)
- Evararm (4e Equipment) - too campaign specific
- Marasame (4e Equipment) - Just don't like it.
- Rune Blade (or Rune Blade (5e Archetype)), Arcane Warrior - these are not going to be ready in time.
- Armed Sentinel (5e Creature) - no space left.
- Crepitus Crutch (3.5e Equipment)
- Dagger of Falling Ash (3.5e Equipment)
- Zaggon Blade (3.5e Equipment)
- Shining Shadow (3.5e Equipment)
- Conjuration (4e Mage School) (and the associated spells; missing one class feature)
Need 20 trinkets tangentially related to magic weapons. Remember the trinkets themselves do not have to be magical (they are "simple items lightly touched by mystery").
- A light cord that wraps around a weapons handle, when the weapon is grasped the cord automatically loops around the wielders wrist and keeps the weapon within reach if it is dropped. (Cursed varieties are put on throwing weapons as some kind of sick joke.)
- A rag wrapped around the scabbard of the sword that magically whisks away blood and other liquids from a sword as it is sheathed.
- An empty scabbard with a remarkably intricate design etched into the leather. The design, with enough study, may be interpreted as a map that leads to the location of the sword that goes with the scabbard
- A bill of sale for two dozen magic morningstars, sold by Alvin Cogsbottom and purchased by Farbgarble (bugbear warlord).
- A blue blade shard that ringing with a humming voice, if a person holds the piece for long enough he will start hearing voices that urge him to kill and claim souls for it.
- An impossibly sharp pen that will always be in the owners pocket when they reach into it.
- An axe with a Mithril head whose surface shimmers like flowing water in whatever direction is down
- A pair of tailors shears that can cut through any kind of leather.
- A curious talking ebony walking stick, well versed in history and swordplay. (Posting as Ixidor, not logged in.)
- A stout box packed with rare moss and lined with lead. This box fools all but the most powerful means of magical detection. (Posting as Ixidor, not logged in.)
- An old, worn smith's hammer, its head is always hot to the touch.
- A greatclub made from a simple quarterstaff with a small jade sphere wedged into one end. When swung, the jade leaves a faint trail of color.
- A mithral sword that, to all but the most expert Dwarven craftsmen, appears to be a simple iron sword of poor construction.
- A smooth river stone with shards of bone stuck into it, if you look hard enough you can see that the bones are not of a humanoid but of a giant.
- A steel hammer made with strange style of manufacturing and with runes on it, if you how to read Abyssal then you can see it is clearly saying with broad letters: HAIL TO THE KING OF THE ROCK (Meant as a joke)
- A small silver rod which when rolled between your hands emits sounds as though a lute were being played by a master softly nearby
- The right half of a broken bronze circlet with a light leafy pattern that when placed on your head, stays in place as though the other half was still there