||This page is incomplete and/or lacking flavor. Reason: Incomplete.
You can help D&D Wiki by finishing and/or adding flavor to this page. When the flavor has been changed so that this template is no longer applicable please remove this template. If you do not understand the idea behind this page please leave comments on this page's talk page before making any edits.
Edit this Page | All stubs
The logo for Broadbarrel, by Kanon
, the primary contributer to this campaign setting.
Broadbarrel is a vast land of deserts, canyons, dunes, savannas, and even volcanoes. Heat scorches the surface, leaving the tops of mountains and the bottoms of caves the only places with mild climates. Those who delve deep into the caves of Broadbarrel may find theirselves in a massive cavern called the Depth complete with an underground ocean, glowing mushrooms and crystals dotting the cave ceiling. However, if you decide to venture upward in the mountains, you will find tranquil plains and forests which make up a landmass known as the Sanctuary, a land without harm. Firearms nicknamed powdergunnes are common weapons, as well as car-like vehicles and airships. The most famous piece of equipment being the sandstrider, a large boat-like vehicle that uses a windmill to rotate the wheels. Not to mention the lack of a pantheon, yes, Broadbarrel has no gods. Once an aquatic planet, a catastrophe scorched it into what it is today, a barren landscape lacking in infrastructure, but definitely not in conflict. In Broadbarrel, there’s more shed blood than water.
Campaign Setting Information
- A quick look at the classes in Broadbarrel.
- Various gear, goods, equipment and magical items available to characters.
- Information on spells and enchantments, as well as the nature, uses and practices of magic.
- Descriptions of the races within Broadbarrel and how they interact with one another and the rest of the world.
- A list of all of Broadbarrel’s Technology, not the technology itself, but descriptions of how some of it works.
- Factions and Organizations
- Detailed information of the different groups of the world and how they all interact with each other and the rest of the world.
World of Broadbarrel
- An examination of monsters and beasts in the world of Broadbarrel and how they've adapted to the world.
- World's interactions and connections with the broader multiverse and planes.
- The World & Locales
- The world of Broadbarrel and the nations cultures and peoples within it.
- The broad history of Broadbarrel (no pun intended), divided into general eras
- A quick look at common societal trends and laws found in the world of Broadbarrel.
- Or lack there of; The only real religion is The Cult of The Forgotten Phoenix.
Dungeon Master's Guide
- A general explanation of Broadbarrel and the general world building mindset, along with various outside resources and examples to use as references in developing a campaign or understanding the world. As well as a to-do list.
- Artifacts of great power and importance, as well as magic items.
- General maps for the DM's use.
- Variant Rules
- Optional rules for DMs to implement while playing a campaign in Broadbarrel.
- Adventures & Tables
- Ideas for quests, dungeons, campaigns and conflicts. Also tables for random encounters and other things.
- Adding to the world of Broadbarrel
- A page for submitting ideas, advice and anecdotes from your campaigns for the development of the setting.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Campaign Settings