Big Moblin (5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
Large humanoid (moblin), chaotic evil
Moblin Spear. Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 10 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 17 (2d12 + 4) piercing damage
Javelin. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 30/120 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (2d6 + 2) piercing damage.
A big moblin wielding a shield and sword.
Also known as big blins, brown moblins, or occasionally mudblins, these brown-skinned creatures are often considered icons of their race. A typical adult moblin towers most other humanoids, with over 8 feet of muscle and fat - a gruesome and intimidating sight that earns its title of "big." Although they usually live in wilderness among beasts, big moblins are generally apex predators in their environment. They have been known to populate almost any terrestrial landscape, but prefer temperate climates with abundant fauna due to their carnivorous diet.
Color Hierarchy. While big moblins are usually of red, orange, or brown skin, other colorations are possible. Those of uncommon green or blue skin tones are of higher status among moblins, but of little physiological difference. However, black moblins and especially silver moblins are treated akin to demigods—these rare varieties wield power and intelligence backed by the hint of Ganon's magic that has influenced the race.
Variant: Stone Blin
Though it's crude, big blins have been known to fashion and use heavy armor and weapons crafted from stone.
This moblin's crude armor is equivalent to chain mail, increasing its AC to 16. The armor's sheer weight reduces its speed to 20 ft.
This moblin's spear action is replaced with the following:
- Crusher. Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 15 (2d10 + 4) bludgeoning damage.
Variant: Shield & Sword
Rarely, a big moblin makes use of expertly crafted weaponry—usually something it managed to swipe from a warrior murdered for meat.
This moblin wields a shield, increasing its AC to 15. Its Spear action is replaced with the following:
- Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 11 (2d8 + 2) slashing damage, or 13 (2d10 + 2) slashing damage if used in two hands.
- Moblin, the race to which this subrace belongs
- Forest moblin, a Huge form of big moblin known for its greater strength
- Fat moblin, a hefty variety of big moblin renowned for its body slam attacks
- Black moblin, a potent variation imbued with evil magic
- Silver moblin, a supernaturally powerful big moblin, and the second strongest variety of them all
- Golden moblin, a rare form believed to be by far the most feared form of not only big moblins, but all moblins