Fusion (5e Spell)
From D&D Wiki
|Casting time:||1 action|
|Components:||V, S, M (a highly polished gemstone worth at least 1,000 gp which may be consumed by the spell; see description)|
You can only cast this spell if you are humanoid. You touch a willing humanoid or beast within one size category of you, and your two bodies merge into one. If that creature understands you, it can use its reaction to expend 10 magic points (or a spell slot of at least 6th level) to aid you in casting this spell; if it does not, the material component of this spell is consumed.
This merger physically alters your body so that you appear as a mixed version of yourself and the creature. You decide what equipment is absorbed into the fused being and what equipment remains available for use. These fused items are restored once the power ends. If the creature was not of a size smaller than you, you can choose to be enlarged for the duration.
For the duration, your body and the target's are effectively one in the same, and together you share one turn. You remain in control of yourself—of the fused body—but the target is fully aware of everything you are physically doing, and can see through your senses. While fused, you and the target can communicate telepathically. You are both aware of any surface thoughts, knowledge, or memories of each other, but can purposefully conceal anything not at the forefront of your consciousness.
For the duration, you:
- Are treated as a monstrosity instead of humanoid.
- Have the combined maximum hit points and remaining hit points of yourself and the target.
- Can make any ability check, attack roll, or saving throw using the target's modifier if it would be higher than your own.
- Gain a +2 bonus on any ability check, attack roll, or saving throw if both you and the target would add a proficiency bonus to it.
- Can use all features and spells of the target, except for those it purposefully conceals from you. You have access to all magic points (or spell slots) of the target.
- Can concentrate on two spells simultaneously, but only if one is one you could otherwise cast and the other is one the target could cast.
At any time, you or the target can use your reaction to end this spell early. When the spell ends:
- The target reappears in an unoccupied space of its choice within 5 feet of you, and your body to returns to normal. If there is insufficient space, the target is magically forced through whatever physical matter is blocking its reappearance in the shortest possible path to an open space, before reappearing in that space and taking 1d6 force damage for every 5 feet of matter through which it moved.
- All equipment on your person or absorbed in the transformation is returned to its original positions on its original owners.
- Remaining hit points are split between yourself and the target—unless one party would exceed maximum hit points, in which case the rest of the hit points go to the other party. Remaining magic points (or spell slots) are similarly split between yourself and the target.
- Any conditions, diseases, or similar effects that were afflicting the target before the fusion are returned to it as appropriate. Any such effects gained during the fusion are retained only by you.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Spells → Druid
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Spells → Sorcerer
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Spells → Warlock
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Spells → Wizard