⬊ Important Information about this Broadbarrel Page Below ⬋
Please refrain from making major edits to this page, as it it more or less complete. If you feel that a major contribution is worthy of being made, discuss it on the talk page before editing. If it is a minor edit, go ahead and make it.
This content is a supplement of Broadbarrel. It may not fit into your campaign setting. Additionally, it may be unbalanced, but it is because technology is powerful, advanced, and available to most people in Broadbarrel.
- Player's Guide
- A quick look at the classes in Broadbarrel.
- Various gear, goods, equipment and magical items available to characters.
- Information on spells and enchantments, as well as the nature, uses and practices of magic.
- Descriptions of the races within Broadbarrel and how they interact with one another and the rest of the world.
- A list of all of Broadbarrel’s Technology, not the technology itself, but descriptions of how some of it works.
- Factions and Organizations
- Detailed information of the different groups of the world and how they all interact with each other and the rest of the world.
- World of Broadbarrel
- An examination of monsters and beasts in the world of Broadbarrel and how they've adapted to the world.
- World's interactions and connections with the broader multiverse and planes.
- The World and Locales
- The world of Broadbarrel and the nations cultures and peoples within it.
- The broad history of Broadbarrel (no pun intended), divided into general eras
- A quick look at common societal trends and laws found in the world of Broadbarrel.
- Or lack there of; The only real religion is The Cult of The Forgotten Phoenix.
- Dungeon Master's Guide
- A general explanation of Broadbarrel and the general world building mindset, along with various outside resources and examples to use as references in developing a campaign or understanding the world. As well as a to-do list.
- Artifacts of great power and importance, as well as magic items.
- General maps for the DM's use.
- Variant Rules
- Optional rules for DMs to implement while playing a campaign in Broadbarrel.
- Adventures & Tables
- Ideas for quests, dungeons, campaigns and conflicts. Also tables for random encounters and other things.
- Adding to the world of Broadbarrel
- A page for submitting ideas, advice and anecdotes from your campaigns for the development of the setting.
- Ancient Fossils
This part does contain lore of Broadbarrel. Long ago when Broadbarrel was scorched by the greatest Blood Sky ever to be made, leaving all sorts of undead versions of aquatic creatures roaming the deserts. To make a creature such as this, go through the following steps:
1. Pick your aquatic creature
2. Switch its creature type to undead
3. Give it…
- A) Immunity to poison damage
- B) Immunity to the poisoned condition
- C) Immunity to necrotic damage
- D) Resistance to necrotic and poison damage
4. Adjust CR
There are many hazards in the desert, these are some.
- Sandstorm: High winds can pick up sand and move it about. All area affected is considered heavily obscured, and with strong wind(20 mph).
- Cactus: One may run into the occasional cactus. When a creature enters or ends its turn in the cactus’s space(5×5 ft.), they take 1d8 piercing damage.
- Mirage: The extreme heat of a desert can cause a mirage. When a mirage occurs, each affected creature must make a DC 8 Wisdom save or believe that water is somewhere near the horizon.
- The creatures and NPCs
This section contains lore. Broadbarrel is mostly made up of deserts, so all sorts of people can be found, but most are looking for a better place to settle, other than a desert.
Pretty much any monster, just not aquatic, and show common sense.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Environments