Dark Hinox (5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
Huge giant, chaotic evil
Brute. A melee weapon deals one extra die of its damage when the hinox hits with it (included in the attack).
Multiattack. The hinox makes two attacks. It can replace any attack it makes with a grapple, its Superbomb action, or its Throw action.
Punch. Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 17 (3d6 + 7) bludgeoning damage.
Superbomb. The hinox throws a lit bomb anywhere within a range of 60 feet. Any creature within 5 feet of where the bomb lands must succeed on a DC 18 Dexterity saving throw or take 21 (6d6) thunder damage. If the bomb is thrown more than 20 feet away from the hinox, a creature has advantage on this saving throw.
Throw. The hinox throws a Medium or smaller creature it is grappling a distance of up to 60 feet, or a height of up to 40 feet. If thrown into a wall or other solid surface, the thrown creature takes 14 (4d6) bludgeoning damage from the impact. If thrown upwards and allowed to fall, the creature takes 1d6 bludgeoning damage for every 10 feet it falls.
So named because it lives in the Dark World, a dark hinox appears as a gigantic muscle-bound cyclops over a dozen feet in height. Its flesh and pointed ears suggest it may be distantly related to hylians or gerudo, but unlike these humanoids a hinox is a bestial savage. It crushes all problems with brute force. The pinnacle of this race's technology is the bomb, which is used only to further the rampant and visceral destruction they crave.
Although a typical hinox prefers to rip apart its victims with its bare hands, a clever or desperate one may make use of something resembling a functional weapon. This variant gains the following action:
- Greatclub. Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 25 (4d8 + 7) bludgeoning damage.
This variant has a Challenge Rating of 7 (2,900 XP).
Variant: Snow Hinox
Touched by the icy evocation magic of a wizzrobe, the rare snow hinox lives in the frigid mountains of the Dark World. It resists cold damage. This variant's Superbomb action is replaced with the following action:
- Snowball. Ranged Spell Attack: +10 to hit, range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 16 (2d8 + 7) bludgeoning damage plus 13 (3d8) cold damage. If the target is a creature and it doesn't resist this cold damage, it must succeed on a DC 9 Constitution saving throw or be stunned until the start of the hinox's next turn.
This variant has a Challenge Rating of 8 (3,900 XP).
- Wild Hinox, the Light World equivalent of this creature which more closely resembles bokoblins and other moblins
- Stalnox, an animated skeleton of this monster
- Goron Warrior, a warrior who specializes in brute force and bomb-throwing not unlike a dark hinox