Welcome to Darenfell, a world where there are masses of dirt and plants flying overhead, with dragons swarming them, and living in chaos. Where on the continent of Athelaran, darkness covers the entirety of the kingdom, throwing it into anarchy. Venture through the darkness, onto the open waters of the High Sea, and stumble across enchanted islands, lost in time. Venture south, to the Dead Lands, a massive, blackened desert, which is teeming with danger, ancient ruins, and more. Explore the mythical island of Qualinas, and meet a people who are graceful as the elves of yore.
The world of Darenfell is largely unexplored, places of civilisation are few and sparse throughout the world, and friendship is stretched thin between kingdoms and cities.
Campaign Setting Information
- A quick look at how classes fit into the world and what roles they commonly find themselves in, intended as a supplement for existing and future wiki information, as well as existing Players Handbook information.
- Various gear, goods, equipment and magical items available to characters.
- Supplemental information on spells and enchantments, as well as the nature, uses and practices of magic.
- Descriptions of how the various races figure into the world of Darenfell and what place they have assumed in the geography and society
- An examination of the Darenfell pantheon of gods, their common appearances, their attributions, their practices of worship and how they commonly interact with the world
World of Darenfell
- The World & Locales
- The world of Darenfell and the nations, cultures, and peoples within it
- Time and History
- The broad history of Darenfell, divided into general eras
- A quick look at common societal trends and laws found in the world of Darenfell.
- An examination of monsters and beasts in the world of Darenfell and how they've adapted to the world
- Various peoples and individuals that populate the world
Dungeon Master's Guide
- A general explanation of Darenfell and the general world-building mindset, along with various outside resources and examples to use as references in developing a campaign or understanding the world. As well as a to-do list.
- Artifacts of great power and importance
- Variant Rules
- Optional rules for DMs to implement while playing a campaign in Darenfell.
- Adventures & Tables
- Ideas for quests, dungeons, campaigns, and conflicts. Also tables for random encounters and other things.
- Adding to Darenfell
- A page for submitting ideas, advice, and anecdotes from your campaigns for the development of the setting
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Campaign Settings