⬊ Important Information about this Broadbarrel Page Below ⬋
Please refrain from making major edits to this page, as it it more or less complete. If you feel that a major contribution is worthy of being made, discuss it on the talk page before editing. If it is a minor edit, go ahead and make it.
This content is a supplement of Broadbarrel. It may not fit into your campaign setting. Additionally, it may be unbalanced, but it is because technology is powerful, advanced, and available to most people in Broadbarrel.
- Player's Guide
- A quick look at the classes in Broadbarrel.
- Various gear, goods, equipment and magical items available to characters.
- Information on spells and enchantments, as well as the nature, uses and practices of magic.
- Descriptions of the races within Broadbarrel and how they interact with one another and the rest of the world.
- A list of all of Broadbarrel’s Technology, not the technology itself, but descriptions of how some of it works.
- Factions and Organizations
- Detailed information of the different groups of the world and how they all interact with each other and the rest of the world.
- World of Broadbarrel
- An examination of monsters and beasts in the world of Broadbarrel and how they've adapted to the world.
- World's interactions and connections with the broader multiverse and planes.
- The World and Locales
- The world of Broadbarrel and the nations cultures and peoples within it.
- The broad history of Broadbarrel (no pun intended), divided into general eras
- A quick look at common societal trends and laws found in the world of Broadbarrel.
- Or lack there of; The only real religion is The Cult of The Forgotten Phoenix.
- Dungeon Master's Guide
- A general explanation of Broadbarrel and the general world building mindset, along with various outside resources and examples to use as references in developing a campaign or understanding the world. As well as a to-do list.
- Artifacts of great power and importance, as well as magic items.
- General maps for the DM's use.
- Variant Rules
- Optional rules for DMs to implement while playing a campaign in Broadbarrel.
- Adventures & Tables
- Ideas for quests, dungeons, campaigns and conflicts. Also tables for random encounters and other things.
- Adding to the world of Broadbarrel
- A page for submitting ideas, advice and anecdotes from your campaigns for the development of the setting.
Broadbarrel has less magical artifacts than most places, but here is a collection of them anyway.
Wondrous item, artifact (requires attunement)
This key is the size of a sledgehammer and of unknown origin. It is composed of red magma that somehow will not harm the one holding it. Some say that it has some relation to The Forgotten Phoenix, others say it was created in the blood sky that scorched Broadbarrel, some even say it simply was made by a mage. It can be found at the bottom of a magma ocean in No Man’s Land.
As a full action, you can unlock any lock, unseal any seal, destroy any barrier, lock any lock, make a magic seal that only a wish spell or this key can unseal, create a barrier made of indestructible obsidian, or set a creature or object ablaze.
Destroying the Artifact
In order to destroy the artifact, it must be cooled at the tip of the tallest landmass in the elemental plain of ice, then a wish spell must be cast upon it to dispel it’s magical effects, then it must be “killed” (it has an armor class of 25 and 2000 hit points). However, it will simply reform back the the bottom of the magma ocean in No Man’s Land unless whatever it was made to (un)lock is unlocked, whatever that may be.
Staff of Gunfire
Staff, Uncommon (Requires Attunement)
The Staff of Gunfire is an long tube with a handle the runs perpendicular to main shaft. On this handle is a trigger that will conjure a bullet a propel it forth when pulled. Placed at the tip is a rather large beyonet like spike.
This weapon can be attacked with as if it was a magic war pick (this property is applied even if the user is unattuned, though it won’t count as magic).
This item has 10d8+20 charges. As a bonus action, the wielder can expend 1 charge to cast mimic bullet, 10 charges to cast fireball (flavored as a magical explosive round), and 35 charges to cast delayed blast fireball (flavored as a magical bomb). It regains 1d12 charges each day at dawn. A piece of ammunition can be sacrificed to the staff to restore a 1d4 (with disadvantage) charges.
Weapon (Fragmentation Grenade), Uncommon
The magic grenade looks like a gyroscope with a crystal in the center. On the top is a string of magic energy that will light the grenade when pulled.
The grenade deals force damage instead of piercing damage and the grenade will not be destroyed when used.
This item has 2d4+2 charges. Whenever an attack is made with this grenade, a charge is expended, and an attack cannot be made without there being charges in the grenade. It regains 1d4 charges each day at dawn. If you expend the last charge, roll a d20. On a 1, the magic in the crystal fades away, the magic string disappears, and the gyroscopic rings succumb to gravity.
Wondrous Item, Rare (Requires Attunement)
The magic flashlight looks like a candle covered in metal, except the top which is exposed, with a gem covering the tip.
All area in a 20 ft cone (in a direction the user chooses) is affected in the following ways:
- The area is cloaked in bright light
- invisible creatures are seen
- Shapechangers’ visible forms are seen
- Visual illusions are seen
Nonmagical Artifacts/Magic Items
Broadbarrel is filled with tinkering, but many items aren’t sold or commonplace, and as such are listed here.
Many nonmagical artifacts and magic items have attunement. While it isn’t magical, attunement functions the same way.
Armor (Padded), Uncommon
The suicide vest is a vest covered in grenades. It counts as medium armor, and as such the armor rating bonus caused by the wearer’s Dexterity bonus cannot exceed 2. As an action, the wearer can detonate it, dealing 6d6 fire damage to all creatures and objects within 20 feet, provided that they fail a DC 16 Dexterity save. They take half as much damage on a fail. Doing so will destroy the vest.
Weapon (Unique), Rare (Requires attunement)
Alternating Pull. You can make thrice the amount of attacks you can normally make with this weapon, and the damage die is increased to a 1d6. When not attuned, you can make only twice the amount of attacks you can normally make, and the damage die stays at 1d4.
Weapon (Unique), Very Rare (Requires attunement)
The compound bow is a simple recurve bow made of metal with a pulley system that grants more power to the bowstring when shots are made.
||Ammunition(range 150/600), Heavy, Two-Handed
Charged Shot. You can charge your shot, using up a bonus action will add a +1d4 bonus to your attack roll and damage roll on the next time you make an attack.