User talk:Red Leg Leo
From D&D Wiki
Siren, Borderlands Variant
Hey, BigShot! I do have something in particular for you to check on if you want. My Siren, Borderlands Variant needs a little coding help. Think you can give it a quick look-over? Flamestarter (talk) 15:43, 28 September 2019 (MDT)Flamestarter
- I don't see any errors. What is your coding error? 20:31, 28 September 2019 (MDT)
Hello! Thank you for having my back and undoing the changes edited in by that other user. I don't know if this is the right place to ask but would it be possible to simply semi-protect the Esper, Variant (5e Class) page so we don't have to trouble ourselves again? It's a shame but I don't want to deal with these types of edits constantly happening.--Tiguidi (talk) 22:29, 8 October 2019 (EST)
- When a page becomes high traffic that is certainly an option admins can do, otherwise semi-protection to pre-emptively stop it has been discouraged in the past. Also, the user was log in so semi-protection won't stop them from the edits. Any further protection would stop you as well. If users become disruptive then the warning policy can/will be used and that usually helps any unfortunate situation. 10:40, 9 October 2019 (MDT)
You have completely changed how I wrote my Shade race! I don't ask for much, just some help on some articles and a little trust and respect on others. Enough respect to get a damn message when someone changes my articles mechanically! I worked very hard on everything I wrote so far, and it took you, what? 5 seconds to completely alter it? It's not the edits themselves that tick me off, it's the lack of messages! I'm sick of it! SEND ME A DAMN MESSAGE WHEN YOU SCREW WITH MY MECHANICS, FOR GOODNESS SAKES!! Flamestarter (talk) 15:32, 25 October 2019 (MDT)Flamestarter
- I view the changes made to Shade (5e Race) as beneficial. I would hesitate to say that BigShot "completely altered" the page; he made some changes to the racial traits, and the race still works basically the same as it did before BigShot touched it, only now those traits are more clearly defined.
- Although some users (including admins) might colloquially refer to pages as "theirs," all pages on D&D Wiki are considered to be owned collectively by the community (with some specific exceptions). Please read Help:Attribution Policy, Help:Legal, and Wikipedia's ownership policy. I also want to throw out there that it's commonly accepted/agreed upon that messages in ALL CAPS represent shouting, and I think everyone can agree that being yelled at is unpleasant and rude, whether that be online or off. Regardless of if an entire message or just a single word is all caps, the common perception is that that person is yelling at someone, and that doesn't exactly jive with the behavioral policy. Please remain civil; this is your final reminder before I and/or other admins start enforcing the warning policy. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 16:27, 25 October 2019 (MDT)
- I tried my hardest to be civil! I have said something like 5 times that all I wanted was a message, Geodude, but no one does! It really insults me because it feels like they're trying to stealth-alter the pages that I worked so hard on. I wrote the ability of incorporeal the way that I did to make it the way that I wanted it to be. Not that at any time you could make an attack miss, but if the first attack is made against the shade, it misses automatically. That's how I wrote it. That's how I meant it. And I'm sick of people going into my pages, mechanically altering them because "It's how they think it should be" and not saying a damn thing. I hate it so much. I wouldn't do it to yours, and all I ask for is what I never get anywhere else, respect. Otherwise, I'll just take my ideas and leave. Flamestarter (talk) 05:27, 26 October 2019 (MDT)Flamestarter
- I hope you've had time to read those policies Geodude671 so nicely linked. Nobody on the wiki posts messages about changes they did on the site because: a) there is an edit summary or b) there is an edit history that can be viewed. For example, this edit [here] shows what I did. It shows the changes I made. You can also see my summary where I mention I put a stub on the page, added SRD links, and provided some clarity for the article. Usually, usually, users will message when they do not understand an edit. Usually, usually, that message is not yelling and swearing at another user like has happened here and is against the behavioral policy as mentioned by Geodude. You may not appreciate not getting a message every single time someone edits a page you created but as mentioned, no one owns a page and no one wants to message every single time they edit a page. Imagine having to explain what everyone can read in a summary/history.
- I am a phenomenal at contacting users before editing their pages if my edits would change the mechanics or intent of a trait or item. What I did with the shade is give it actual mechanics where none existed. D&D Wiki has standards and as I've said before to you, these standards are based off WotC's 1st party material. If you don't understand an edit, please ask. 22:10, 28 October 2019 (MDT)
- To add on to what BigShot said above, as on Wikipedia, users are encouraged to be bold in their editing. Users don't need to ask if they can edit a page (usually), they can just edit the page. You are expected (though not technically required) to ask first if the change you want to make is likely to be controversial, and I personally also ask first if the page's creator is someone known for being territorial and possessive of "their" pages. The important thing is that edits be made in good faith. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 23:03, 28 October 2019 (MDT)
Access to a deleted page?
Hello! (apologies if I'm going about this in the wrong way but) I was wondering if, as the subject says, there is any way to access a deleted page? https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Shadowsoul_(5e_Class) A player had this link saved and was wondering if he could play as the class, but by the time I checked it, it was gone. I asked if he wouldn't mind picking a different class but he said it was tied into his backstory and he was fond of it. I saw it was deleted for blancing issues and such but I don't mind reworking it a bit for him. So if theres an archive or any record I would greatly appreciate any help that could be given. thank you for your time :) Ldragowolfcub (talk) 00:30, 4 November 2019 (MST)
- No worries, I just temporarily restored the page for you. Here it is: Shadowsoul (5e Class) Based Quincy (talk) 10:25, 4 November 2019 (MST)
Necromancer class 5e
- oi there! I am just back from vacation so will take a peak. thanks for your patience :-) 06:59, 2 December 2019 (MST)
I do not wish to be a bother, but I would also like to know why you have not yet responded regarding my suggested necromancer subclass. If it's simply a matter of being busy with life stuff, then I apologize profusely for whinging about it and promise to remain patient until such time as you feel like replying. If not, well, I still apologize anyway.
I'd simply hoped that the new subclass could have been either approved or vetoed by this point, seeing as it has been five days since I posted it.
Regardless, I am sorry for bothering you, and shall from here on remain patient for your response.
I already mentioned this to ConcealedLight
Buuuuut he hasn't gotten back in 3 days lmao, basically there's a typo in the Alraune 5e race page that reads "you can use this trait a once" when I really don't believe the a is supposed to be there lmao, anyways you have a good one, just trying to get that fixed ^-^ -=CmC
- Hey thanks for your patience! I made the change of removing the "a". Hope you had a goodin' too. 06:59, 2 December 2019 (MST)
I have a question. Why'd you change your name? I mean, not that I care or anything like that, you do you, but I'm really curious about your motives to changing your name. --Flamestarter (talk) 14:04, 20 January 2020 (MST)
- Thanks for asking. When I started streaming League of Legends, I chose BigShotFancyMan based off of a TV show production company (Mr Big Shot Fancy Pants). I created a Facebook page and all sorts of other things to go along with creating a brand and public persona because I had goals. Most of those goals I achieved too.
- As I look to do different things in 2020, I wanted to change my name from something so cheesy, conceited, and cocky. Something else not as much of a mouthful and had a good sound to it. And I also wanted it be something I could more easily create a logo for lol
- So other than world domination, that's why :p Red Leg Leo (talk) 15:12, 20 January 2020 (MST)
Featured Article Nomination
Hello, Red Leg Leo.. I noticed that you mentioned something about the Featured Article Nominations needing a bit of life pumped into them.. Well I think I've got something for you. Come check out my Battlemage class that's been a project of mine for almost 2 years now. It's something I'm very proud of & I'd like to get as much support for it as possible. Included in the class is the base class itself, 5 subclasses, and over 20 new spells for the class. I look forward to your feedback! Rushfire (talk) 13:05, 18 February 2020 (MST)
- Hey! Yeah, I saw this pop up on a list and will get to it. Thanks for making sure :-) Red Leg Leo (talk) 13:07, 18 February 2020 (MST)
- Hey Leo! First of all, I want to thank you for leaving your comment. I really appreciate not only the feedback, but the way you presented your feedback. You're very supportive & that goes a long way for me. I went back and made an overhaul of some of the key features in my Battlemage class that I think you'll appreciate. Whenever you can give it another look, I'd appreciate that very much. --Rushfire (talk) 09:09, 29 February 2020 (MST)
- I look forward to your review! Also, a useful note, I highlighted & made a summation of all changes I made to the class within the discussion page, just so that reviewing can be a little easier, as I'm fully aware that reviews can be daunting when you don't know what you're looking for. Again, appreciate the feedback, and I look forward to your review! --Rushfire (talk) 07:52, 10 March 2020 (MDT)
Thanks for the heads up regarding this page. There is some descriptive text in earlier revisions that would resolve the "still no fluff" issue, so I'll put that back in. Marasmusine (talk) 03:20, 28 February 2020 (MST)
It’s been a long time
Hey big shot it’s been a while since I’ve been on the wiki and made videos for YouTube I thank you for the feedback makes me feel like I’m not just doing it for nothing I also plan on making more videos on others peoples classes as well as campaign settings,but I also have some bad news I have been fighting cancer for about a year now I finally got the treatment I need but I will need to lose my leg I’ll be fine though it sucks but I haven’t given up hope I’ll take your advice about reviewing classes as well try to upload more and I still loving the wiki. --Alucarddragonborn (talk) 17:35, 16 June 2020 (MDT)
- Holy cow that's a bomb shell to drop. Sorry to hear about that. I hope that stops the cancer for you. I'll try to review as much as I can. It seems I go in spurts on getting things done based on real life and my own motivation :p Red Leg Leo (talk) 06:42, 17 June 2020 (MDT)
I know buddy but I consider you a good friend on this site you helped me more than anyone else it’s post surgery now no leg now but to keep my head up I’m writing a small novel it’s a about a humanoid dragon who fights the Gods and Demons alike I’m really just making a book about my D&D campaigns not sure if it’s legal though but my friends and I have lots of fun doing it I see you went through a change as well With the name and everything, what else oh I started to stream on mixer thought I give it a try do corona and I can’t do anything anyway stay safe and healthy and play lots of D&D. --Alucarddragonborn (talk) 13:15, 29 June 2020 (MDT)
- I'm happy you're keeping your head up and are doing things to stay positive. If you are making a book, I wouldn't use this site. Use google docs and share permissions with your friends or something like that. And that isn't because of anything like keeping this site free of stuff; it has more to do with protecting your IP. The idea is interesting though. I thought mixer was being removed and all Microsoft streaming was being moved to Facebook? Streaming is another tough market but I enjoyed it so much. I hope you do as well. I appreciate the update.
- Are there any games you play other than D&D? The name change was bigger than just changing the name but also trying to branch out and play games with more/other people. I am working on a link for all my usernames for various platforms in case anyone ever wants to add me and play together. So, even if you aren't on the wiki much, we can stay in touch via those platforms. :-) Red Leg Leo (talk) 13:27, 29 June 2020 (MDT)
I’m not writing it on the wiki but I’m using docs to write my novel but I’m using my D&D characters as the characters in the book I’m also using some of the wikis character classes as powers some of the characters have does that make sense, I’m also doing it with like two of my other friends and it’s just for fun right now nothing too serious yet. I don’t know about the removing on mixer because I just started it I’m making an Xbox Clan with some of my friends all you need is a mic and an Xbox and willing to follow instructions don’t have a name for the clan yet but if all goes well you will see me in Esports. Do I play other games besides D&D of course I do as far as board games it’s mostly monopoly and video games well I’m a Xbox fan boy so Halo and games like that is my favorite I’m going to start destiny 2 because most my friends play that I’m playing For Honor and Anthem right now. And lastly social media I have lots but my main is Facebook just type in Alucards Bunche and I will pop up it has an S at the end because Facebook dint recognize alucard as a real name,anyway take care and maybe we will game some time. --Alucarddragonborn (talk) 10:20, 30 June 2020 (MDT)
Hi, Leo, thanks again for your recent spotlight on the weird chicken race. I think this is an interesting way to promote attention over articles that pique interest. Do you mind if I piggyback on this idea and do a few spotlights?--Yanied (talk) 14:46, 11 September 2020 (MDT)
- Hey thanks for asking. I don't suppose I mind, more exposure for people should help inspire others for what they do. I use this link I done up for random 5e articles to remove bias. I don't always get the best articles but that is kind of the point. Article Spotlight. Good luck Yanied and I hope it helps others. Red Leg Leo (talk) 15:17, 11 September 2020 (MDT)