From D&D Wiki
Welcome to my talk page! I've put all my past conversations into little sections. If you'd like to contact me about anything, make a new topic here! I'd be happy to address any comments, questions, or concerns! :)
- 1 Welcome to D&D Wiki!
- 2 Past Conversations
- 3 Musicus Meter Guideline Clarity
- 4 Would You Like to Do Some Collaborative Worldbuilding?
- 5 Sobruaro FA Comment
- 6 Help with Time Domain Balance
- 7 Anthro Dragon by Magierpichu
- 8 The Enchantress
- 9 Reindeerfolk (5e Race)
- 10 Tempest of Carmia's Grove
- 11 Bulwark, 2nd Variant (5e Class)
Welcome to D&D Wiki!
Hello EpicBoss99, and welcome to D&D Wiki! I hope you are enjoying D&D Wiki and have been finding the information here useful. Before you start contributing, we recommend you make sure your user preferences match your preferences.
If you have any questions about a specific page please ask it on that page's talk page. If you have a D&D-related question, you can ask it on DnD Discussions. Everything relating to D&D Wiki's administration can be asked here. If you need to contact another user, please use their talk page.
Syntax can be very difficult, and if you need help a good place to start is Help:Editing on Wikipedia (or even their Introduction page). This will explain basic wiki formatting and should provide quite a few useful links that explain more specific areas of wiki formatting. Help:Portal also provides detailed explanation of information important specifically to this community.
A strong and welcoming community exists on D&D Wiki, and I'm sure you will find us friendly. To enable the community to function, a number of policies are in effect. Most importantly, we follow and expect you to follow Wikipedia's guidelines on civility and etiquette when discussing anything. As most work has multiple authors, please do not delete content without following our removal process. When posting a comment on a talk page, please ensure you sign your name with four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon (). This will automatically produce your name and the date. I hope you come to enjoy D&D Wiki and the community. Welcome again, you are now a D&D Wikian. --SirSprinkles (talk) 19:46, 5 November 2017 (MST)
Musicus Meter Guideline Clarity
Hey, just letting you know that the Musicus Meter Guideline page isn't for the homebrew traits like D&D Wiki's Large trait so I've undone your edit. At the moment we are working on an expansion to the Musicus Meter that is adding things like this but it isn't public and is on my a sub page on my user page, User:ConcealedLight/Musicus Expansion. ConcealedLight (talk) 01:09, 5 January 2018 (MST)
Oh, my bad!! I just assumed since the Tiny Variant Rule and the Large Variant Rule were made by the same person, I thought adding it would help. Won't happen again! :)
It's alright. If you would like to contribute to the expanded version, I don't mind.
Would You Like to Do Some Collaborative Worldbuilding?
Sobruaro FA Comment
Hey, is it okay if I remind you that enough time has passed from the creation of the Sobruaro for them to be eligible for FA so if you could support or oppose it that'd be swell!
Help with Time Domain Balance
Mind discussing how to balance the Time Domain? The ideas are cool, but keeping the overall functionality while leaving a balanced whole may be difficult. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts.
- A couple things:
- It might be beneficial to link to the Far Step spell as I believe that's a homebrew spell.
- Why does the domain need martial weapon and heavy armor proficiency?
- Perhaps the Overclocking feature could be made similar to the fighter's action surge, or give the benefits of the haste spell for one turn?
- Are the spells Foresight and Time Stop meant to be added to your domain list or to your spell list (ie, do you need to prepare them)?
- The Temporal Mastery feature feels pretty powerful, but also thematic. I don't think it will be broken, per se, but it's something that I'd definitely need to see in play to be sure of.
- Overall, I think you've done a fairly good job with the time domain, with only a few issues standing out to me. I think it's a great addition to the wiki :) — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 10:06, 30 May 2018 (MDT)
- Far Step is Xanathar's, though I know this wiki can't display some spells.
- I edited the page to make more flavorful sense of the armor and various abilities. I rate advantage on initiative rolls and inability to be surprised roughly the same in strength. Admittedly, as for the armor proficiency, I am a fan of seemingly oxymoronic characters, and the idea of a plate-wearer augmenting their speed with time magic is deliciously against what is expected. I also admit I am not a fan of how powerful Dex is handled this edition. A character using the Time Domain would probably be better off investing solely in Dex and medium armor, but the heavy armor proficiency gives options for a Strength user.
- As an aside, History in at least most games I've played is fluff, so the increased proficiency isn't a balance issue to me, but I can see it reduced to regular proficiency. The anti-aging caked in at lvl 17 is also fluff insofar as I can tell, especially seeing as their are PC's like the Warforged with effective immortality already.
- Reworded it so the lvl 17's are domain spells. I guess that makes sense, but where does that like in balance?
- Admittedly, I think the Temporal Mastery ability might be less powerful than it seems, at least terms of how much it allows the player to directly effect the board-state. Though 'that didn't happen' may be annoying if overused, the only absolutely measurable effect is that it allows the cleric to insure they go next in the turn order, which, though potent, isn't unheard of. The intention is that everyone's expended spells, HP, ect, are reset to as they were in the beginning of the turn. Thus, though it may negate an odd critical success or miss, it doesn't deplete resources from the enemy side, meaning that an overwhelming encounter is still likely to play out in a similar fashion. The true value in it is using it on an allies turn after learning information on the likelihood of a certain outcome or on an enemy's turn after learning their intentions. The real strength is effectively using one turn in a session as 'what would happen if...' which is subtly quite potent.
- Finally, I think the 6th level boons need to be tightened up and quite possibly still reigned in a bit. Suggestions are welcome.
Anthro Dragon by Magierpichu
Please look at the Anthro Dragon revision history specifically 13:21, 30 October 2017 Magierpichu which is the last time the original creator made any changes and you will see that I am restoring it to the creator's status while it is ConcealedLight who is making the major changes. Further proof is shown if you look at the first edit ConcealedLight did which shows on the revision history as follows 01:52, 26 August 2018 ConcealedLight (talk | contribs) . . (12,534 bytes) (-1,681) . . (General clean up, formatting, grammar, , trait ordering, etc. nerfs: removed blindsight, removed ability to stack with other armor calculations, removed questionable natural weaponry(just take the dragonborn feats or be a monk)). Thank you for your time. I have now made a new anthro dragonborn that is a cleaned up version of Magierpichu's original before ConcealedLight edited it and I even added a warning that it is overpowered in the title. Thank you once again for your time-Chaoshound
Thanks a ton for contacting me! I saw that things were worked out on the race's talk page and now you have a version of that race for yourself on your user page, which is great! I'm really glad y'all came to a compromise and that you're able to maintain the anthro dragon page that Magierpichu made. If you have any other questions or need any more help, I'd be happy to assist! :)
Hey I noticed that you have recently started making changes to the Enchantress class page. I am the original creator of the class and I'm not sure where your going with the class. Some changes you have made don't make sense with some features. Though I'm not opposed to changes being made I just think this is a bit much. I already started a character with the original content believing no one was going to touch it because no one had and Green Dragon took off the incomplete stub. Although I had been checking regularly on the page to see if any changes did get made. So I suppose my concern is that your doing too many huge dramatic changes and now I don't know what to do with the character I made. Also I did originally ask ConcealedWife to look into the page so we could work together on it. I am unsure what happened with that or if she asked you to look at it. Please get back to me when you can.--MissLoyalty (talk) 17:19, 4 September 2018 (MDT)
So sorry about that! One of my PCs in a campaign I'm DMing for wanted to use it. I'll gladly revert the changes to your last edit and move my changes to a variant. I have some disagreements with some of the decisions you've made on the balance of some of the features, but I absolutely respect your work and want to apologize for just running in keys blazing to make it look like how I wanted to. Thanks for contacting me, and once again I'm sorry about that! :)
It's no big deal I appreciate you reverting the changes but I am completely up for hearing your thoughts and opinions on what could be changed. I wanted to make this class for others not just myself and so I'm all ears for changes that could be made!--MissLoyalty (talk) 18:10, 4 September 2018 (MDT)
Yeah sorry about the late reply! I’m cool with whatever, but I’d love to give you some constructive feedback! I promise I won’t be condescending or be rude or anything, but I would like to give my opinion. If you’d like, I can leave it on the Enchantress talk page! :) —EpicBoss99 (talk) 19:02, 4 September 2018 (MDT)
Go for it, like I said I want the class so that others can use it. Also it's not like I disliked everything you put in, it was just a lot all at once. I did really like what you did with the alchemist subclass. I struggled with finding features for it. So go ahead in the enchantress discussion page.--MissLoyalty (talk) 11:00, 5 September 2018 (MDT)
- Well, I think the idea is to move WIP to stubs/abandoned if they are incomplete and not being worked on, in order to not maintain clutter on the site. Unless of course said pages are on userpages, then no one really bothers. ~ BigShotFancyMan talk contributions 12:19, 15 March 2019 (MDT)
Tempest of Carmia's Grove
Hey there epicboss, I just wanted to let you know that the User:EpicBoss99/Tempest of Carmia's Grove userpage of yours has a bunch of categories when it likely shouldn't or else it will show up in places it is not supposed to. I can remove the categories on the page if you would like or I can just leave that task to you(add |nocategory=yes and |notuser=yes and remove the breadcrumbs/categories at the bottom). Either way, I hope you are doing well, as I haven't seen you around in quite a while. Best regards, --Blobby383b (talk) 08:14, 28 September 2019 (MDT)
- Hey, Blobby!!!! I'll absolutely do that for you!! It's good to hear from you! --EpicBoss99 (talk) 11:18, 3 October 2019 (MDT)