Petty Wish (5e Spell)
From D&D Wiki
|Casting time:||1 action|
You make a petty wish to fulfill a desire of yours. The basic use of this spell is to duplicate any other spell of 2nd level or lower. You don't need to meet any requirements in that spell, including costly components. The spell simply takes effect. Alternatively, you can create one of the following effects of your choice:
- You create one object of up to 100 gp in value that isn't a magic item. The object can be no more than 10 feet in any dimension, and it appears in an unoccupied space you can see on the ground. The item by all means functions as normal, however it is magical and disappears 24 hours after this spell's casting.
- You regain a number of hit points equal to double your level.
- You may choose a damage type. Until the end of your next turn, you have resistance to that damage type.
- For 1 minute, you have advantage on saving throws you would make against magic.
- You magically complete a specific task that would require manual labor if the task would take you 10 minutes or less to accomplish.
You might be able to achieve something beyond the scope of the above examples. State your wish to the DM as precisely as possible. The DM has great latitude in ruling what occurs in such an instance, the greater the wish, the greater the likelihood that something goes wrong. This spell might simply fail, the effect you desire might only be partly achieved, or you might suffer some minor unforeseen consequence as a result of how you worded the wish. For example, wishing that a villain would die may give them a cold that they simply cure themselves of using magic. Similarly, wishing that you get a bracers of archery may give you an item that you think is a bracers of archery but really does nothing but make you think you are more accurate.
The stress of casting this spell more than once between each time you finish a long rest may weaken you. The 2nd time or more that you cast this spell before finishing a long rest roll 1d100 for each time beyond the first you have cast the spell. On a 50 or lower, you take 1d10 necrotic damage. This damage can't be reduced or prevented in any way. In addition, on a 20 or lower, your Strength score drops by 2 points, and you regain a single point of Strength when you finish a long rest. Finally, on a 1, you lose the ability to cast this spell.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Spells → Artificer
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Spells → Bard
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Spells → Sorcerer
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Spells → Wizard