Fitzmyr's Sage Hands (5e Spell)
From D&D Wiki
|1 bonus action
|Self, 30 feet
|Concentration, up to 10 minutes
2 spectral, floating hands appear around you and float counter-clockwise around you for the duration. The hands last for the duration, or until you dispel them as an action or lose concentration. These hands immediately teleport back to you if they are moved more than 30 feet from you.
These hands are similar in nature to the "magehand" cantrip, but with several notable exceptions.
-These hands can hold melee weapons with the light property, however cannot use any magical property within them (if the weapons are magical, the damage is magical)
-Equipping these hands with weapons takes an action, however each hand is equip on the same action (as long as you have the weapons for it)
-As an action, you may send out half the hands currently flitting around you (rounded down) from this spell to make attacks or interact with an object. If you chose to make attacks, the damage and attack modifier is based off of your spell casting modifier.
-If you take the attack action, the hand moves 30 feet to attack, and proceeds to teleport back to you, all on the same turn.
-If you have the "War Caster" feat, or any feat that allows for the use of spells as opportunity attacks, you can use your sage hands to make the attack. Additionally, any feat which involves the weapons that are being wielded (eg defensive duellist) still apply even if the weapon is being wielded by a sage hand.
Aside from these notable exceptions, You can use the hands to manipulate objects, open an unlocked door or container, stow or retrieve an item from an open container, or pour the contents out of a vial. You can move the hand up to 30 feet at a time. The hands can't activate magic items, or carry more than 10 pounds. The hands cannot accumulate weight.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of Second level or higher, you summon an additional sage hand per spell level to assist you.
Ruling Corrections in the respect of this spell.
1) If you are not proficient in the weapon, you cannot add your proficiency to the attack roll of the weapon (unless otherwise stated in the description of the weapon)
2) Attacks with 1 handed ranged weapons are only made at disadvantage if the target is within 5 feet of the caster, NOT the weapon
3) Yes, you can throw weapons using the hands, though it is not always recommended; given the 1 action reload
4) If, somehow, you can concentrate on 2 instances of this spell, you still cannot send out more sage hands than permitted by the highest level of this spell cast.
5) The duel wielder feat does not allow for these weapons to be equip with non-light weapons. You also cannot wield "2 handed" light weapons (if your game has them). However, if your game has a light shield/buckler option, then go ahead and wield it (again, you need to be proficient in it AND you can only benefit from 1 shield at a time)
6) In terms of feats, this spell benefits from all of these feats: sharpshooter (though the weapons cannot make an attack with the -5 +10), War Caster, and Crossbow Expert, Telekinetic.
7) Reloading of a hand crossbow requires at least one hand, be it sage or otherwise, to be free to perform that action.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Spells → Bard
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Spells → Sorcerer
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Spells → Warlock
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Spells → Wizard