Talk:Gravity Bomb (5e Spell)
From D&D Wiki
DON'T CHANGE THIS SPELL TO SOMETHING ELSE THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. IF YOU WAN'T A DIFFERENT VERSION THEN MAKE A VARIANT OF IT. NOT THAT HARD. THANK YOU—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk). Please sign your posts.
- I had made the following changes:
- Increased damage based on the 5e Spell Design Guide.
- Tried to figure out what was meant by "rooted" and gave an effect based on that.
- Improved wiki markup with inline links.
- Corrected small grammar mistakes I noticed.
- Simplified the description but kept virtually all of the effects intact.
- In other words, I improved the spell in a way that would help others use it, and give them a reason to use it (decenet damage) over otherwise superior spells available to the same classes at this level. Obviously enough, the spell wasn't changed to "something else that has nothing to do with it." I didn't care to make a different version; I just wanted to improve the content of this wiki (heaven forbid anyone tries to do that).
- I personally won't be making any more edits to this page—there's hundreds of things worse than this spell that need even more help—but if you really don't want anyone to make any edits or improvements to what you clearly believe to be YOUR content, you probably shouldn't contribute it to a wiki like this. As you can read at the bottom of every edit editing screen, "If you do not want your writing to be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will, then do not submit it here." That's why there's things like Google Docs and Tumblr. Not that hard. Thanks. - Guy (talk) 22:12, 11 December 2017 (MST)
- I know I put a comment on your variant of this spell. I would like to say first of all how sorry I am for the two outbursts. To clarify my first message on this discussion board (which was terribly executed and extremely rude, again sorry) I wasn't terribly mad about there being edits. It's that the core fundamentals I had for this spell (some to most of them) were just strait up stripped from the spell itself, without there being anything posted on the discussion board. Which again I could've easily just asked what changes you made and why and had an adult discussion with you rather than blowing up like I did. Again thank you for your contribution. In the end it helped me organize the spell itself. If you have anymore edits or anything you wish to discuss, feel free to do so and I will be more than willing to listen and make this spell better off. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful weekend Biosnatcher147 (talk) 23:45, 26 January 2018 (MST)Biosnatcher147