Sword Glyph (5e Spell)
From D&D Wiki
|Casting time:||1 action|
|Range:||Touch (5 feet)|
|Components:||S, M (rare chalks worth at least 1 gp, which the spell consumes)|
You draw a magical glowing glyph on a a wall or floor in a space within range that you can see. This glyph glows and emits dim blue light out to a distance of 10 feet.
Whenever a creature enters the glyph's space for the first time on a turn or starts its turn there, the glyph strikes, launching a spectral sword at the target with a vicious stabbing motion. The target must make a Dexterity saving throw, taking 1d8 force damage on a failed save. Hit or miss, the spell then ends.
You can only have three instances of sword glyph active at any one time. Should you cast a fourth sword glyph, the oldest sword glyph that you cast automatically ends.
At Higher Levels. Sword glyph is a very malleable spell. When you reach 5th level, you may choose one of the following options to enhance a particular casting of sword glyph. You may pick another when you reach 9th level, 13th level, 17th level, and 20th level.
- Duration. The duration of the sword glyph increases. You may pick this option once (1 hour), twice (8 hours), three times (24 hours), or four times (until dispelled).
- Damage. The sword glyph deals an additional 1d8 force damage. You may pick option this multiple times.
- Aim. The sword glyph becomes more difficult to dodge. You may pick this option once (target has disadvantage on saving throw) or twice (target automatically fails saving throw).
- Stealth. The sword glyph no longer glows. A creature can detect the glyph in this state by using its action to make an Intelligence (Investigation) check contested against your spell save DC.
- Damage Type. You change the sword glyph's damage type and color. Its new damage type can be acid (yellow-green), cold (ice blue), fire (orange), lightning (purple), necrotic (red), or radiant (yellow),
- Numbers. You draw additional glyphs, each in a different space within range that you can see. This set counts as one single instance of sword glyph. Any of the other enhancements you choose for this instance apply to all glyphs created in this instance. You may pick this option once (two glyphs) or twice (three glyphs).
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Spells → Artificer
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Spells → Cleric
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Spells → Wizard