Weapon (Deck of Tarot), artifact (major)
Upon closer inspection, this ornate silver box with a lapis blue sign "ZEZZET", contains a deck of 20 Tarot cards. Each card is imbued with a different element and acts in concert of its wielder, effortlessly cutting down foes like a razor-sharp ribbon of paper. Zezzet deck was created by the sorceress Yzma Zezzer, who tryed to control her powers through a complex ritual, which continued for a whole week, using this deck as a portable catalyst.
According to legend, she vanished while was trying to imbued the deck with a Wild Magic Surge, leaving the Deck unattended.
"You can't control always the magic" Yzma Zezzet meanwhile she is preparing the ritual.
Unstable Magic Bonding. Zezzet deck is an attune magical artifact, you need to study it for atleast 8 hours to use any effect
- After you studied to Zezzet deck, you gain proficiency with it as a weapon. Zezzet deck is a magical ranged weapon, with the Finesse and Thrown (30/60) properties.
- If someone try to use an effect from Catalysis of Zezzet. or Mysticism of Zezzet. he takes 2d8 damage with a card effect (DM can chooses one in particular or roll a d20)
Mysticism of Zezzet. While bond Zezzet deck, you gain a number of additional benefits:
- You can use the deck to cast augury as a ritual, without expending components.
- You can use a bonus action to draw a card of your choice and ask divine information about a creature you can see, learning if the target has any damage resistances, immunities or vulnerabilities to the drawn card's element, effect or type of damage.
- You are under the effects of detect magic at all times.
Catalysis of Zezzet. After you studied to Zezzet deck, you gain proficiency with it as a weapon. Zezzet deck is a magical ranged weapon, with the Finesse and Thrown (30/60) properties.
Each card is a magical bullet, it has +1 to hit and deals 1d4 damage; after any attack dealts with a card, drawn card comes magically back into the deck.
- Draw a card You can use a bonus action to choose a target you can see within range and roll a d20 for choose a card. Then you made an attack, rolling to hit the target with a magical ranged attack, dealing 1d4 card's damage and effect.
Roll 1 or 2 on Attack dice made the attack as Critic Failure (cards could fly away in any direction, Master decision how bad could go)
If a creature is immune to some conditions, he success automatically the sawing throw
- Earth: Deals Bludgeoning damage. On hit, create a little shake under target's feet, he must also make a DC(14) Strength saving throw, on a failure the creature is knocked prone.
- Fire: Deals Fire damage. This card creates and explosion, what deals half damage to every creature in a 10 feet radius; all creatures must make DC(13) Dexterity saving throw, on success they dodge the fire.
- Metal: Deals Bludgeoning damage. This card generates a mysterious metal alloy, what try to cover the creature; he must makes a DC(13) Constitution saving throw; On a failure he become petrified until the beginning of your next turn on a failed save. He commutes in a metal alloy, being immune to every damage and impossible to melt.
- Water: Deals Bludgeoning damage. On hit, this card generate a torrent who knock back 10 feet the target. The target can make a DC(16) Strength saving throw to resist the flow, on a success, he doesn't move.
- Ice: Deals Cold damage. On hit, creates a hunk of ice on impact. The target is Stunned until the end of his turn.
- Air: Deals Slashing damage. This card creates windslash on impact. The target has moving speed halfed if he trys to reach the direction where the card comes, slowed form the wind.
- Wood: Deals Piercing damage. This card creates brambles at the landing point, who whip the target. The target must also make a DC(15) Strength saving throw, On a failure, the target become restrained, constricted by vines and brancheconstricted by vines and branches until the beginning of your next turn.
- Lighting: Deals Lighting damage. On hit, creates a shock and the target also make a DC(15) Constitution saving throw or become Paralyzed until the beginning of your next turn.
- Ritual: Deals Piercing damage. This card create a magical nail on target and summon a d4 Imps, who attack the target. Imps disappear in 5 minutes or if the target die.
- Energy: Deals force damage. This card create a mysterious explosion with a 5 foot radius. All creatures inside the sphere take the same the amount as force damage. The damage of this card can't be reduced or ignored in any way.
- Time: Deals Psychic damage. This card has the power to control the time when damages a creature, he must makes a DC 14 Intelligence saving throw to resist the effect; on a failure he is Incapacitated and stop until his turn finish, stopped in .If the creature was flying, fall on the ground.
- Ooze: Deals Acid damage. On impact, this card generate a ooze, the target must makes a DC 18 Intelligence saving throw what. On failure the target is Poisoned until the start of his turn.
- Light: Deals Radiant damage. At the landing point, the card explode in a big white flash. All creatures within 5 feet of the target must make a DC(15) Dexterity saving throw, becoming blinded until the beginning of your next turn on a failed save as they become overwhelmed by a magical flash of light.
- Dark: Deals Necrotic damage On hit, this card creates a thick fog around the target. The creature have -2 on every attack rolls he wants makes on the next turn.
- Sound: Deals Force damage. This card fly at speed of sound, generating a sound burst; the target becomes Deafened until the start of your next turn.
- Peace: Deals Psychic damage. This card generating a green thin mist around the target, what rapidly vanish; and the target must make a DC(15) Charisma saving throw. On a failed save, it becomes charmed by you and your companions until the beginning of your next turn, as it becomes overwhelmed with serenity and calm.
- War: Deals Psychic damage. This card generate a blue thin mist around the target, what rapidly vanish; the target must succeed a DC(15) Charisma saving throw. On a failed save, he has to expend his turn to reach and to attack the nearest creature he can see until the beginning of your next round, as it experiences uncontrollable violent urges.
- Mind: Deals Psychic damage. This card summons pink bubbles around the target, he must make a DC(14) Wisdom saving throw. On failure, he is Confused until the beginning of your next turn.
- Death: Deals Necrotic damage. This card create an curse on the target;If the creature dies in 10 minutes, create a grave and raise a Ghoul CR1 what fights under your comand for 10 minutes; it attacks at the end of your turn.
- Life: Deals Radiant damage. On hit, this card deals damage and you regains hit points equal to half damage the target takes.
Destroying the Zezzet Deck. If someone else start the ritual to create another Zezzet Deck, the existing deck crush in a sparlky and glitter explosion. The condition is IF someone start the ritual, not to complete it. If the ritual fails, the first deck still a pile of rainbow dust.
The deck also destroy itself if get is target of Dispel Magic, Counterspell or any similar effect (The spell to create it is considerated a 8th Ritual Spell),
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Equipment → Artifacts