User talk:Jay Freedman
From D&D Wiki
- Please leave all your comments telling Jay how wonderful he is below. Thank you. --Jay Freedman 15:36, 17 August 2009 (MDT)
- Yeah, uh, do you ever use the Preview button when editing pages? It saves a lot of trouble for having to save over and over again each time you want to look at the page. Just wondering. --Ganteka 18:29, 9 August 2009 (MDT)
- Hey Jay, I noticed that you are in the USA category. We actually have categories that are more specific, each state. Some even go so far as for the city if we have multiple users. Just to let you know. Of course, if you prefer the less-exact location being known, that is understandable too. 20:07, 1 September 2009 (MDT)
- Hey Jay, I just saw what you've done with the superhero class. Just a quick note, if you want to, take a look at our DC and Marvel settings. What is mostly crippling them now is basically the core tool needed: a good working "superpowers" system. Any thoughts on a good way to implement one (or an alternate system) would be greatly appreciated. 19:48, 2 September 2009 (MDT)
- A superpowers system eh? Well, there are alot of MMO's that do superpowers. Maybe a quick look at how they put them together would help. Also, there is a game called Guild Wars that lets all it players start at max level. Lv20. Each player selects a main class and a sub class. They can then select 8 skills("powers") from those two classes. Sub class powers are halfed in power. And, all the powers are of the same level see? So making powers could be just like making combat feats. Anyway, thats my spiel. Good luck. --Jay Freedman 19:57, 2 September 2009 (MDT)
- , trying to fit something in with the D20 system is whats catching me. So far, short of making different base classes for the "classic" superhero archetypes, I was thinking a Tier'd feat approach. 20:00, 2 September 2009 (MDT)
- I understand. Its alot to work with. Tome material might help in this regard. After all, superheroes have never been balanced or evenly progressional. A one man army might work here. I am going to put up my "warrior builder specs" on my user page. I don't think I can help much. Sorry. --Jay Freedman 20:05, 2 September 2009 (MDT)
- Every artist needs a good purge. I recently dropped a few articles. They where cramping my style. I will soon return with acceptable material. Thank you for your time. --Jay Freedman 01:37, 6 September 2009 (MDT) (the Poshie)
- Today Jay turned over editing privileges to the Wiki Community for his original article the Hybrid Elite Warrior 3.5e class. He looks forward to many awesome and inspiring edits which will propel said class unto destiny. Anyway, yeah. Jack that puppy up! Peace. --Jay Freedman 12:22, 10 September 2009 (MDT)
Bob says Thank You
- Hello - I'm the lunatic that created the lesser deity known as "Bob." I just wanted to drop by and thank you for cleaning up his page as I'm new to the whole wiki-creating... thing. Anyway, thanks, and praise Bob!
- No problem. Always willing to help. Good luck with your articles. Peace. --Jay Freedman 02:29, 16 October 2009 (MDT)
- Hey man thanks for letting me know that i need to set it as finished for people to see and rate it, do i just put the status as 100% or what cuz its done.
- Just put status as complete, done, or finished. --Jay Freedman 01:24, 22 October 2009 (MDT)
- Actually a large majority of that information can be found in the Creating archon plate, Its actually a light armor, The main reason that it has such insane ability and creation requirements, is because it is a gift from the aspects, the titans of the god of the gods, they are what make the universe, a lot of info on them if from a specific style of campaign, so i understand that it does not make sense, Archon plate is usually not made, but found, that information on creating it is so that if a character decides to try they know how to make it, archon plate is an artifact of epic proportions, if you have any more questions after reading the creation section feel free to ask. --Envoyof_aGod
- Thanks. Actually I asked those questions because none of that information is in the creation portion. But, whatever.. --Jay Freedman 20:18, 8 December 2009 (MST)
- Actually Everything you asked is in the creation position, This armor is so difficult to make mainly because as ive described, it is the Perfection of a Universe sown into one set of armor, the energies of the aspects sown into its plates. Its designed for specific campaigns, but can be used in all, It has no arcane spell failure because its light armor, and is designed to move like wind, no resistance, absolute freedom of movement, Any materials can be used to make it, because it does not matter, after it is complete it becomes divine energy, not physical material anymore, Any Legendary smith can make it, but they have to fulfill the reqs. It weighs 25Lbs because it is no longer Metal, but the energy of Life and being sitting upon ones shoulders, the weigh is technically weightless, but i put 25 to make it so there can be a Minimum str to wear it Envoyof_aGod 21:27, 8 December 2009 (MST)
- Thank you. From the paragraphs above I have found the answers to my questions. --Jay Freedman 23:19, 8 December 2009 (MST)(ie: Your a moron.)
- I decided to do a huge group of your articles together, because you're one of the very few who care to thank me for my efforts, I didn't want to trouble you to write a lot of thank yous by doing your articles one by one. I also ended up doing other articles you just contributed to, but eh, all's good.
Good stuff you have out there. ;3 --SgtLion 08:25, 31 December 2009 (UTC)
- I've looked it over. Great work Lion. (As always.) Everyone in the community appreciates a well worded article. Have a great New Year! Peace! --Jay Freedman 08:44, 2 January 2010 (UTC)
- As part of my 2010 resolutions I have decided to spend less time online. More time outdoors and stuff. I hope to pop in at least once a month to check on things. Anyway, good luck to all the brilliant article builders out there. Peace! --Jay Freedman 04:04, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
Biotic Vanguard & Mass Effect Fandom
- Just added the Biotic Vanguard (3.5e Class) to the wiki. It is my Fandom outburst at how much I love MEffect2. Long live the Mass Effect! Woot woot! --Jay Freedman 21:57, 25 February 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks for the heads up man--Jason Bagby 21:27, 7 March 2010 (UTC)
- No prob. I made a similar change once and endured quite the wraith for it. lol. --Jay Freedman 23:12, 7 March 2010 (UTC)
- Just added a new class, the Andellion Warrior (3.5e Class). This is a melee class that grows in power exponentially and can compete with even the strongest of Wizard Builds. This class was designed for thou's really tough campaigns were ungodly power is respected instead of feared. Power to the Melee! Woot woot! --Jay Freedman 00:22, 22 March 2010 (UTC)
- As I'm going through and cleaning up Category:Candidates for Deletion I've noticed that you have put delete tags on several of your articles which otherwise look fine to me. I don't want to delete a lot of good work for no real reason. (I'm also not sure if I'm allowed to delete by author request, but that's an entirely different issue). What do you want me to do with them? JazzMan 21:25, 20 April 2010 (UTC)
- Anything marked "delete", Needs to be deleted. They are a stain upon my honor. However, you are actually not allowed to delete a page only upon authors request. That is true. In that case, just get rid of the author box and slap a "needs balance" tag on it. But seriously, thou's articles are s***. Thanks Jazz. --Jay Freedman 03:41, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
MoI Unfinished Pages
- Since you commented on this discussion, I'm letting you know that I think we've reached working version of the Abandoned template. Let me know what you think. JazzMan 18:50, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
- Thanks. --Jay Freedman 22:30, 20 September 2010 (MDT)
Black Lion Class
- I am making a campaign setting, and wish to ask for your permission to use the Black Lion 4e class. I plan to put information on this campaign setting on a completely separate web site from this wiki, and plan to rename the class to something that fits the campaign setting better. Please let me know if this is all right. I understand if you do not wish for a character class of your creation to be used in another's campaign setting. Thank you.
- All good mate. Go ahead and do your thing. Leave me a link too. I'd love to come and look at it sometime. Thanks. --Jay Freedman 15:59, 16 January 2011 (MST)
Mass Effect Campaign
- I just saw your Biotic Vanguard (Which is obviously a D20 version of Vanguard). And I was wondering if you would like to help me make a Mass Effect Campaign. I plan on using this page.--Milo High-Hill 02:45, 12 January 2011 (MST)
- No thanks. I like to tinker with class, not build campaigns from scratch. Good luck though. Have fun with it. --Jay Freedman 15:59, 16 January 2011 (MST)
Can I Fix your Articles Jay?
- Why yes you can! Thanks for asking. ...Are my articles not finished enough for ya? Do they not satisfy your need for something 'smexy' today. Are they lacking that 'special something'? ...Well sir, you have my honest apologies. But, yes. By all means. Take a whack at my articles and bring them up to speed. You make those puppies so fancy that they shine. Oh yeah! Just do it. Get famous. Get rich. Get respect ... Fix Jay's articles! Hurray! XD --Jay Freedman 18:32, 16 June 2011 (MDT)
Why are you so mean when Rating my articles?
- Its not mean kid. Its called having standards. If I give you a 20/20, it's cause you worked hard for it. You did the math, ran the numbers, worked as a team, play-tested it, thought about the roles and synergies, and worked outside the box. If not... Bummer dude. ... (You must be eighteen or older to reply on this page. Otherwise go run to your mommy and tell her Jay was being mean again. ...Ya big baby.) --Jay Freedman 04:10, 4 July 2011 (MDT)
Black Crystal Lord
Remember this class? Well you didn't work on it for some time now. Can you please look at the talk page and comment on my ideas? I think the class would be balanced with only minor edits. I'm waiting for your feedback.--Idlem (talk) 09:31, 26 January 2013 (MST)
Are you still here?
Jay, are you still with us? --Redrum 18:48, 5 October 2016 (MDT)