From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL|
Jungle halfings live a much more settled life than their normal counterparts do. They build villages along rivers and burn clearings in the jungle to plant their crops. In addition, they gather the most abundant food source in their environment, fish, and hunt with poison-tipped weapons.
Racial Traits: Jungle halflings have the following racial traits.
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Strength.
- Humanoid (Halfling).
- Small: As a Small creature, a jungle halfling gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Jungle halfling base land speed is 20 feet.
- Weapon Proficiency: Jungle halflings receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the throwing axe, handaxe, and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats. For jungle halflings, the axe is both a practical tool and ceremonial item. They grow up using the other weapons for hunting and fishing.
- Poison Use: Jungle halflings use poison extensively when hunting, and as a result never poison themselves when applying poison to a weapon or when using a poisoned weapon in combat. Jungle halflings make extensive use of poisons harvested from vermin, particularly those that damage Dexterity scores.
- +2 racial bonus on Fortitude saving throws against poison: Jungle halflings have adapted a resistance to their own favorite method of bringing down prey.
- +2 racial bonus on Climb, Jump, and Move Silently checks.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Halfling. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc.
- Favored Class: Barbarian. A multiclass jungle halfling’s barbarian class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing. Jungle halflings live much closer to nature, and must rely on cunning, resourcefulness, persistence, courage, and mercilessness to survive.
- Level Adjustment: +0.