Talk:5e Optimized Character Builds
From D&D Wiki
Could you add a section which lists the builds by character class (i.e., I know I want to play a Monk, so I can jump to the section that only has monk class options)? [02 November 2020]
Why not add a section for rules from this site ?
- I'm not against the idea of a D&D Wiki Optimizations section, but my first impression is that making such a section provokes our users to min max their creations. We already have a section for builds using rules from anywhere. However, if we want a section like one for Adventurer's League let's go ahead and add it. --Green Dragon (talk) 22:26, 4 November 2019 (MST)
- So to help clerify that section, I changed the Third Party Rules description. It went from "Optimized Character builds using any rules from anywhere" to a more descriptive "Optimized Builds using homebrew, house rules and third party content. These sources can be from this website or anywhere else." I think that helps people grasp the purpose of that section better? Before it sounded a little like it needed to be a popular DM's Guild product or something like that, while now it's clearly more designed for anything besides official WotC rules. Also, that would be awesome to have an AL section.
I recently created an optimized build of my own, but for some reason it is not showing up on this page when I am not logged in. I made the Death Knight and as far as I can tell it has the right categories etc.
Could someone please look into that and check why it is not showing up? and if it is due to a fault of my own, then please point out to me what I did wrong so I can avoid that in the future.
- I can see your page on the list. If it's not showing for you, it's probably something having to do with your browser's cache. — Geodude (talk | contribs | email) . . 23:56, 26 February 2019 (MST)
How to Tag
10/22/2019: Hello! I'm trying to submit an optimized build but not sure how to tag which subsection it belongs under? (WOTC, PHB, or homebrew) I believe that is why I can't see it yet since the website doesn't know where to put it. If anyone could tell me how to properly tag it, I would be very thankful. Just reply underneath here and I'll check back frequently.
- the crit hit build is already tagged. You are all set to go. 07:52, 23 October 2019 (MDT)
- Oh okay. Hmmm. Well, its not appearing for me when I load the page, but I saw that someone else had a similar issue before. Is anyone else able to see a build called "Critical Hit Maximization"? I'll tinker with a few things and see if I can get it to work. Thank you for your help! 19:45 10/23/19
- This makes no sense. Articles aren’t hidden if you aren’t logged in. Something else was the issue. 22:44, 26 October 2019 (MDT)
- (whew, not crazy) 14:45, 27 October 2019 (MDT)
- Well, I tried it and the same thing happened. Logged out, 74 articles present (the crit build is now showing). Refresh, 74 articles. Logged in, 82 articles. Refreshed page. Logged out, 74 articles. Refreshed again, 74. No matter what I do I am seeing less articles logged out than when I am logged in. It's super wierd right? (ZaneOlric (talk) 15:23, 27 October 2019 (MDT))
Changing an Old Pages Name?
I've notice that some older optimized builds have incorrect titles, such as "infinite HP monkey" being named after a Wildshape druids can't actually use. Is there a way to rename pages like that? Since Artificer is coming out soon a lot more optimization will be possible and I wanted to fix up the optimization page before then.
- Solved - You must have an account so that such changes can be recorded. Once you have one, a new editing option called "move" is available. Using this function does not mean the change is final, people have the ability to revoke the change and revert it to the old page name. (ZaneOlric (talk) 20:29, 24 October 2019 (MDT))
Adding Images and Other Formatting Question
Adding an Accordion folder to a Guide
Was going to ask how to put in a drop down folder but eventually figured it out by copying the only one I could find on the wiki. ZaneOlric (talk) 17:10, 8 February 2020 (MST) For those who want a template:
|text and other contents of drop down folder goes here|