Random Spell (5e Spell)
From D&D Wiki
|Casting time:||1 action, reaction, or bonus action|
|Range:||depending on the spell randomly cast|
|Components:||S, M (100 GP which is consumed and a pair of dice)|
|Duration:||depending on the spell randomly cast|
You cast a random spell from the spell list of the class that you have at the highest level. Roll 1d6 for the level of the spell. Then roll 1d20 for the spell. The first spell on the list gets cast if you roll a 1, the second if you roll a 2 etc.
- To Evoke
- The caster must roll the actual dice of the material component to evoke the spell, but they do not need to be a d20 and a d6. Any dice will do. If the caster can not reach a pair of dice, this spell can not be cast.
- Failure Conditions
- The gold is consumed whether the spell succeeds or fails.
- If the standard spell list for your class at the level rolled has less than 20 spells, and you roll above the number of spells on the list, this spell fails.
- If the spell rolled for requires components more than 50 GP the spell fails.
- If the spell rolled for has a casting time more than one action, the spell fails.
- Note, the gold consumed by the spell is not actually destroyed. It is scattered about the plane in 100 different innocuous places such as dragon hordes, vaults, purses, chests, tilled ground, beggars cups etc.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 7th or 8th level roll 1d8 for spell level rather than 1d6. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 9th level roll 1d10 for spell level rather than 1d6, and treat a roll of 10 as a random cantrip.