3.5e version of Orizon
|Floating Palace, Jonone (Source)
Giant islands of floating dirt and stone support people above a hostile ground of disasters, wild magic, monsters and marauders. The people in the skies above live on the skylands, catching the windfish that swim through the sky and sailing aboard majestic airships that ride the winds well above the ground below.
This is a world of kings and empires, dragons and elves, navies and pirates, sailors and swashbucklers. With wild trade winds, deep forests and other expansive swaths of nature.
A world of swords and sorcery, high fantasy and swashbuckling. Based largely on the age of sail and the sky is an ocean.
I consider this campaign setting to be, if not done, then at least ready. There is sufficient outline that people can take this and run with it, and employ it without too many problems in execution.
Campaign Setting Information
- A quick look at how classes fit into the world and what roles they commonly find themselves in, intended as a supplement for existing player's handbook information.
- Various gear, goods, equipment and magical items available to characters.
- Airships and Sailing
- A new way for players and NPC's to get around in Orizon, a land dominated by sky islands.
- Supplemental information on spells and enchantments, as well as the nature, uses and practices of magic.
- Descriptions of how the various races figure into the world of Orizon and what place they have assumed in the geography and society.
- An examination of the Orizon pantheon of gods, their common appearances, their attributions, their practices of worship and how they commonly interact with the world.
World of Orizon
- The World & Locales
- The world of Orizon and the nations, cultures, and peoples within it.
- Time and History
- The broad history of Orizon, divided into general eras.
- A quick look at common societal trends and laws found in the world of Orizon.
- Orizon's interactions and connections with the broader multiverse and planes.
- An examination of monsters and beasts in the world of Orizon and how they've adapted to the world
- Various peoples and individuals that populate the world
Dungeon Master's Guide
- A general explanation of Orizon and the general world building mindset, along with various outside resources and examples to use as references in developing a campaign or understanding the world. As well as a to-do list.
- Artifacts of great power and importance
- Variant Rules
- Optional rules for DMs to implement while playing a campaign in Orizon.
- Adventures & Tables
- Ideas for quests, dungeons, campaigns, and conflicts. Also tables for random encounters and other things.
- Will be added to as random ideas occur to me.
- Adding to Orizon
- A page for submitting ideas, advice, and anecdotes from your campaigns for the development of the setting
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Campaign Settings