Hundreds of years after the world you know today, humanity has conquered space travel. To the surprise, and death, of many, humanity wasn't alone. Beset by numerous species of fanatical zealots known as the Covenant, humanity was caught in a fight for its very existence.
Hundreds of thousands of years ago, the universe was ruled by a species known as the Forerunners. These extremely advanced, benevolent beings built advanced technology across the universe. Residing in their capitol station Maethrillian. At this time, humanity and many Covenant species had already mastered space travel. It was at this time that they built shining silver cities, armies of advanced machines, and their magnum opus, the Halo Array. This system of habitable ring-worlds spread throughout the galaxy, all connected to a large, flowerlike station known as the Ark, all constructed to destroy all life in the universe, save for those on the structures themselves. In order to kill their eternal enemy, the Flood, they fired the rings, reducing all life in the galaxy to the Stone Age.
Campaign Setting Information
- A quick look at how classes fit into the world and what roles they commonly find themselves in, intended as a supplement for existing player's handbook information
- Various gear, goods, equipment and magical items available to characters.
- Ship to Ship
- Supplemental information on making official ship rules work on a galactic scale.
- Descriptions of how the various races figure into the Halo universe and what place they have assumed in the geography and society
- An examination of the religions of the Covenant and humanity, their common appearances, their attributions, their practices of worship and how they commonly interact with the world
The Halo Universe
- The World & Locales
- The various worlds of Halo and their respective cities and environments.
- Time and History
- The broad history of the 26th century Milky Way, divided into general eras
- A quick look at common societal trends and laws found in the Halo universe.
- An examination of beasts and potential enemy troops, and how they've adapted to their fields.
- External Links
- Links to pages that will be used to flesh out other pages. Here for people using this setting before it’s done.
Dungeon Master's Guide
- A general explanation of Halo and the general world building mindset, along with various outside resources and examples to use as references in developing a campaign or understanding the world.
- Artifacts of great power and importance to be found in the Halo universe.
- Variant Rules
- Optional rules for DMs to implement while playing a campaign in the Halo universe.
- Adventures & Tables
- Ideas for quests, dungeons, campaigns, and conflicts. Also tables for random encounters and other things.
- Will be added to as random ideas occur to me.
- Adding to Halo
- A page for submitting ideas, advice, and anecdotes from your campaigns for the development of the setting.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Campaign Settings