Cost: 239,000 gp
Weight: 20,00 lb
Speed: Fly 2600 feet (260 mph); maximum altitude of 31,850 feet; accelerate 200 feet (20 mph) per round; ascend/descend 500 feet per round.
The Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress is a four-engined heavy bomber developed in the 1930s for the United States Army Air Corps (USAAC). Competing against Douglas and Martin for a contract to build 200 bombers, the Boeing entry (prototype Model 299/XB-17) outperformed both competitors and exceeded the air corps' performance specifications. Although Boeing lost the contract (to the Douglas B-18 Bolo) because the prototype crashed, the air corps ordered 13 more B-17s for further evaluation. From its introduction in 1938, the B-17 Flying Fortress evolved through numerous design advances, becoming the third-most produced bomber of all time, behind the four-engined B-24 and the multirole, twin-engined Ju 88.
Hit Points. 1500
Damage Threshold 15
Crew and Passengers. 1 pilot; 1 bombardier; 4 passengers.
.50 Caliber Machine Gun 'Ranged Weapon Attack +5 to hit, range 400/1,200 ft., one target. Hit: 29 (5d8 + 5) piercing damage. On a attack roll less than 5, the gun jams and can not be fired until it is cleared as an action.
Ammunition: Each .50 cal has a magazine that takes 2 actions to reload.
- Standard: (60 rounds/Mag) No additional effects. (100gp/mag)
- Tracer: (60 rounds/Mag) +8 to hit (total), other creatures gain a +3 to hit the B-27 until the beginning of the next turn of the creature that fired (200gp/mag)
- HE: (24 rounds/Mag) 4d8 force and 1d8+4 piercing (500 gp/mag)
- AP: (24 rounds/Mag) Armor Piercing (4) (500 gp/mag)
Bomber: The bombardier has the ability to drop explosive or magic filled tubes on your enemies as an action. When firing, select an area as designated before radius in each bomb type within 500 ft. of the bomber and roll 2d10, the first Die is X offset (E/W) and the second is Y offset (N/S) in 10ft increments. Creatures inside the area must attempt a Dexterity saving throw. On a failure (as designated under "Fail"), they take an amount of damage. On a success, they take half as much damage.
The bomb magazine can be filled with any combination of bombs under 4,800 lbs. Add the total payload to the weight. When weight is above 4000 lbs., the B-29's maximum speed drops to 2000ft/round.
Bomb types :
- Small (100 lbs.) - 20 ft radius, DC 15. Fail: 31 (8d6) piercing damage. (500 GP)
- Large (500 lbs.) - 50 ft radius, DC 19 Fail: 47 (12d6) piercing damage. (1200 GP)
- Incendiary (1000 lbs.) - 100 ft radius, DC 15 Fail: 15 (4d6) fire damage and take 3 (1d6) fire damage at the end of each of their turns for 1 minute. They may retry this saving throw at the end of each of their turns, ending this effect early on a success. (1500 GP)
- Torpedo (500 lbs.) - 40 ft radius, DC 15 Fail: 23 (6d6) piercing damage. Keeps traveling at 20ft/turn once in water the same direction you travel. (1500 GP)
- Bunker-Buster (2000 lbs.) - 200 ft radius, DC 25 Fail: 43 (4d20) piercing damage (2300 GP)
- Arcane (4000 lbs.) - 200 ft radius, DC 25 Constitution Fail: 21 (2d20) damage of a type of your choosing (2600 GP)
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Equipment → Mounts and Vehicles