Voodoo Doll (5e Spell)
From D&D Wiki
|2nd-level Necromancy (ritual)|
|Casting time:||1 action|
|Components:||A hair, drop of blood, or tear from the victim, 6 needles, a tiny doll.|
|Duration:||Concentration, up to 1 hour|
You target one creature, it must succeed a Constitution save against your spell save. If they fail, the doll you hold in your hand takes on an appearance like them. You may proceed to push pin needles into the doll, subsequently injuring the actual creature through black magic. When the creature fails the save you can push a pin in as a bonus action, and another each round as an action. Pins deal 1d6 piercing damage, and, and the damage increases every even level,(maximum 10d6 at 20th), Where you stab the pin determines the effect it has on the target. The creature needs to possess the appropriate body part to suffer the effect.
- Arm: The target takes a -4 penalty to attack rolls.
- Body: The target takes a -4 penalty to AC.
- Face: The target has a half miss chance as its partly blinded.Roll a d12, on a even, the target is blinded, if it is odd, it suffers no effect.
- Leg: The target's non-fly speeds are halved.
- Throat: The target takes a half chance to be unable to speak, acting as if the creature is mute. Roll a d12, on an even, the target can't speak, on an odd, it retains it's speech.
- Wing: The target's fly speeds are halved.
Penalties last for 1 round. Each round you must choose a new body part to attack, though never the same body part consecutively (so you can jump between arms and face, but not arms and arms again) or no body part this round simply maintaining concentration. If you damage the doll, the target takes the same amount of damage.
The spell ends if you stop concentrating, or if the doll is destroyed. The doll can be destroyed (AC 11, 10 hp), though doing so deals damage to the creature as if a pin has been pushed into it (with no subsequent penalty). You can't make a Con Save against the damage of destroying the doll.
If you obtain a part of the target such as something of value of theirs over 50 gp, they take a -3 penalty to their saving throw.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher you add 1d6 piercing damage to the pins, max (7d6. Additionally, you can expend another spell slot to add 2d6 necrotic damage, to a pin, if you expend another spell slot above 3rd, the doll lasts for 1 hour, no
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Spells → Warlock
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Spells → Wizard