Void Elves (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Artwork courtesy of Deviant Art Elizanel
Void Elves have built their society off of their individual expertise. The ages spent in the void have shaped the void elves into a people who live passionately and fearlessly. Void elves study and practice void magic for half of the day than practice combat the other half. The void elf society is meritocratic and based on power, the prestige of great deeds and knowledge of the void. While those who have mastered the void live a more lavish relaxed life the entire society is always ready to attack at a moment’s notice. Every void elf has a purpose and they work collectively to combat the voids call to madness, and to further their own abilities to survive. Most void elves do not fear death and live for the moment, or risk succumbing to the void and fading out of existence, experimenting in all sorts of stimulation and extremes when they are not working. Once a void elf has enough knowledge and practice controlling the void they are allowed the choice to leave or stay within the citadel. While most choose to stay and grow stronger within the citadel a select few choose to leave and learn to master the void by their own means. With their fearlessness, desire to kill and to test their strength any void elf is a formidable opponent so long as they do not succumb to the call of the void. Most Void Elves see themselves as Refined and Noble but will despise any other Elven Noble who has not trained in the void. If a Void Elf takes a liking to another being he or she will stand by their side no matter what. It is not uncommon for a Void Elf to not acknowledge the existence of another being if that being is deemed unworthy in the eyes of a Void Elf.
Void elves are the result of experimentation by celestials on elves. Void elves skin ranges from extremely pale to dark gray or purple. They boast strong muscular but twisted physiques with black blood visible in their veins. Their eyes are as black as the void or a deep entrancing blue if one has mastered the void. Generally, above six-foot-tall void elves look down upon any other race if they even acknowledge their existence. Their raven black hair is always maintained and flowing with black energies of the void. Most females will wear their hair down or in loosely woven braids. Despite their evil twisted looking appearance most void elves like expensive, elaborate and colorful clothing. Jewelry and weapons decorated with a splash of color or ornate designs. They are usually found with tattoos, scarification's, and piercings.
Despite looking evil in appearance, their polished demeanor and renown power helps them to gain positions of power in society. Most races are willing to associate with Void Elves and deeply respect them but are also treated with care from fear of their powers.
The Void Elves themselves are trained to hold to prejudices with the exception being High Elves or Noble Elves who rejected the Void, but each individual will form their own opinions. They tend to regard themselves superior to other races but some more judicious Void Elves suppress this mentality for the sake of social relations. The Void Elves often display an unnerving lack of concern for life, often engaging in acts of murder, slavery, or even genocide if they see fit. They form relationships well, but typically keep them only somewhat personal – many who consider themselves the friends of a Void Elf were merely the unwitting tools of them instead. If, however, a Void Elf chooses to forge a close bond with someone, they prove themselves such remarkable companions that even dwarves have a proverb: “With the Void Elves – a horde of devils could not out do their ire, and a host of gods could not out do their devotion.” Because of their agelessness, the Void Elves tend to be cynical about matters, but therefore find particular pleasure in finding something that is still worthwhile in life.
Void Elves can be any alignment. Typically, however, they favor Chaotic alignments. Commonly, Void Elves are neutral as they tend to shift their alignments over the years depending on where they are living and what has captured their interest.
It has been said that there is not a land without at least one Void Elf…and many more of their off-spring. Since they are endowed with a natural wanderlust and need to convert more elves into accepting the Void, this tends to be the case. Interestingly, you will rarely find them among High Elves and other Noble Elven families.
Void Elves will typically adopt whatever religion will be most advantageous for them on all accounts. It is not uncommon for Void Elves to change their religion over the course of the ageless existence but most Void Elves tend to worship darker and more Evil Deities.
Void Elves are trained to know Common, Undercommon, Elven, and Void Speech (the language native to Void Elves). They can learn any languages, however, and regularly are know to be fluent in all known languages, even the most rare.
Void Elf names are taken from Elf, Drow or Celestial names but generally have a darker meaning to them.
Male: Cherika, Duniya, Onile, Sarraqa, Sunniva, Maeral, Alawi, Badra, Falak, Feno
Female: Hala, Kamra, Amalur, Janna, Sama, Celestia, Estelle, Lian, Luan, Hilal
- +2 Dexterity, +1 Constitution, and +1 Intelligence: Due to residing within the Void, Void Elves spend much of their time training their body's to be fast as well as durable and their minds to be sharp or else they would be devoured by the Void itself.
- Outsider (Native, Elven, Incorporeal): Void Elves possess two bodies - a corporeal, material body that has been transformed into being an Outsider, and an incorporeal body. When beneficial, even while incorporeal they retain their other subtypes.
- Size: Medium.
- Void Elf base land speed is 30 feet: Void Elves are lithe and fast. They move at the same speed when climbing.
- Darkvision: A Void Elf can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Void Restoration(Ex): A Void Elf while in the Void continually heals 1 point of damage per level every hour rather than every day. (This ability cannot be aided by the Heal skill.) Nonlethal damage heals at a rate of 1 point of damage per level every 5 minutes. If the Void Elf loses a limb, an organ, or any other body part it will regenerate as per the regenerate the spell.
- Void Rift(Ex): A Void Elf can briefly surround themselves in a purple and black mist allowing them to teleport up to 30 feet in an unoccupied space that is visible at the cost of a move action.
- Void Shift(Ex): A Void Elf can shift from the Void to the Material Plane as part of any move action, and then shift back again as a free action. The Void Elf can sense everything on the material plane that they would normally be able to see. The ability is otherwise identical to the psionic ethereal jaunt power.
- Spell-Like Ability: Void Elves can use the following spell-like ability up to five times a day: Void Missiles, Void Missiles function as the Magic Missile spell but is dark purple in color and deals necrotic damage. The caster level is equal to the Void Elf's class levels.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Undercommon, Elven, Void Speech. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Aquan, Draconic, Infernal, Sylvan, Celestial.
- Favored Class: Rouge, Ranger, or Warlock
- Level Adjustment: 0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|750 years||1250 years||1750 years||∞ years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 0"||+1d8||140 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+1d6||90 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|