User talk:Aramar the Black
From D&D Wiki
Welcome to D&D Wiki
Hello Aramar the Black, and welcome to D&D Wiki! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like D&D Wiki and decide to stay. I am the owner of the site, and if you have a question feel free to ask me, however when contacting anyone on D&D Wiki through talk pages please sign your name using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. Also, if you want to help D&D Wiki but just don't know how drop me a note and I'll see what I can do. However, when dropping me a note please tell me how much time you would like to spend working and how well you know the Wiki Format. I hope you enjoy editing here and being a D&D Wikian! If you need help ask me on my talk page , or just right here. Again, welcome! --Green Dragon 23:02, 3 December 2006 (MST)
RE: Races Compendium (From the Pz.Az.04Maus Talk Page)
So, as a way of helping with this project, could I start contacting authors that have yet to be contacted, and asking for thier approval on thier races being moved here? I noticed that very few authors have yet been contacted, and figured I could help to move that along. -Aramar the Black.
- Exactly! ^____^. You may start doing so, Aramar. --Pz.Az.04Maus 06:58, 4 July 2006 (MDT)
RE: Regarding categories (From Pz.Az.04Maus Talk)
I am assuming that once I recieve and okay from the author of a race, I may "post" thier race on this page. As for categories, do I put all moved races under the "user" category, or should they go under something else? Or both?
- First of all, state your name, would help. Also, yes. Generally, once you receive an okay, you may post them. For now, just put them under their relevant user categories, as well as putting them into their general category (EG: Elves, Nekomimi [Catgirls], etc) --Pz.Az.04Maus 22:15, 4 July 2006 (MDT)
- Hey Aramar - I'm taking a crack at recategorizing alot of the Wiki. For the races, I'm using the following as a template:
[[Category:DnD]] [[Category:User]] [[Category:Race]] [[Category:Type]] [[Category:Subtype]] [[Category:Group]] [[Category:LA0]] [[Category:ECL0]]
- Not all categories are used for every race. Also, for the New Races Compendium, I've been coming along behind you and flagging them as WFRC, which I think Pz.Az came up with. Right now, the unapproved/undetailed WRFC races' categories look like this: Categories: DnD | User | Race | WFRC | LA? | ECL? (This is for the actual Race page, not "So-and-so's list of races.") I wonder if we should also have a WFRC subcategory to indicate races that haven't got approval yet?
- Once we have the race's details, Type and Subtype are filled in,mostly using the ones listed in the SRD (see what I've done so far working out a category hierarchy for a fairly complete list), unless the creator has come up with something workable. There's also an optional Group category for multiple races with a little more in common than just type/subtype - catgirls or moogles, for example. If LA and ECL are unknown, they're flagged as LA? and ECL? categories.
- If you create a new category for any of these (it'll show up red in the list), make sure to click it and add it to the proper parent category (Type, Subtype, Race Group).Hope that helps. --Oneiros 21:52, 24 July 2006 (MDT)
Thanks for Helping with the WFRC
Thanks so much for helping with D&D Wiki's races! Just want to say that your being appreciated. --Green Dragon 20:46, 22 August 2006 (MDT)
Help with the WFRC?
Are you still going to help with race lists? --Green Dragon 23:51, 20 September 2006 (MDT)
- Oh. I was just wondering. Thanks for trying to help anyway. --Green Dragon 22:05, 21 September 2006 (MDT)
- That would be me, sorry. --Green Dragon 22:16, 21 September 2006 (MDT)
Rating the PrC's
D&D Wiki has quite a bit of Prestige Classes, with only two having been rated on D&D Wiki's rating scale. So, on a small mission to try to get ratings of PrC's done, I would like you to help. All you would have to do is go to DnD Classes then to any PrC page. Click on the PrC you would like to rate; then rate its balance by clicking on the "here" in the Please, help D&D Wiki by rating the balance of this item here. I hope you can take the time to help D&D Wiki become a useful tool for every visitor that comes here; and thanks in advance. --Green Dragon 22:28, 29 November 2006 (MST)
Your WFRC Races
I have pretty much taken over the WFRC job, and I need to know if i may put your races on, seeing as you contacted yourself. If you don't reply to this message within a few days, i will consider it yes seeing as you also wish to have the WFRC complete. Thanks for doing so much, i plan on finding a way to finish it. --Cerin616, Drew 20:35, 24 January 2008 (MST)