From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL 1.0a.|
Desert elves often wed humans, just as their more common cousins do, producing desert half-elf children. These offspring often serve as diplomats and negotiators for either their human or elf communities, depending on where they live.
Racial Traits: Desert half-elves have the following racial traits.
- Humanoid (Elf).
- Medium: As Medium creatures, desert half-elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Desert half-elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to sleep spells and similar magical effects, and a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-Light Vision: A desert half-elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Heat Endurance: Desert half-elves gain a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves made to resist the effects of hot weather.
- +1 racial bonus on Search, and Spot checks.
- +2 racial bonus on Diplomacy and Gather Information checks.
- +2 racial bonus on Sense Motive checks: A desert half-elf’s survival often relies on her ability to gauge the social situation.
- Elven Blood: For all effects related to race, a desert half-elf is considered an elf.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass desert half-elf takes an experience point penalty, her highest-level class does not count.
- Level Adjustment: +0.