From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL 1.0a.|
In the desert, elves follow nomadic lifestyles. They herd horses, cattle, and goats across the sands, sleeping during the day and working or traveling at night. Their wandering takes them many places and puts them in contact with many cultures. As a result, they are welcome everywhere for th enews and exotic trade goods they carry.
Racial Traits: Desert elves have the following racial traits.
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Strength: Desert elves are physically weaker than their normal cousins, but are hardier, toughened by the harsh reality of desert life.
- Humanoid (Elf).
- Medium: As Medium creatures, desert elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Desert elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-Light Vision: A desert elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Proficiency: Desert elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the scimitar, rapier, and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats. Desert elves prefer the scimitar to the longsword and the shortbow to the longbow, because they can use shortbows while mounted.
- Heat Endurance: Desert elves gain a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves made to resist the effects of hot weather.
- +2 racial bonus on Search, and Spot checks. A desert elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
- +2 racial bonus on Handle Animal and Ride checks: Desert elves spend most of their lives riding and working with animals.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Wizard. A multiclass desert elf’s wizard class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: +0.