From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL|
The aquatic landscape is dotted with forests of kelp and roofed with sporadic blankets of sargasso weed. Hidden among these watery groves are the ancient settlements of the elves.
Racial Traits: Aquatic elves have the following racial traits.
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Intelligence.
- Humanoid (Aquatic, Elf): An aquatic elf has the aquatic subtype. She can breathe underwater. She cannot also breathe air unless she also has the amphibious special quality. An aquatic elf can hold her breath outside the water for 2 rounds per point of Constitution. After that, she begins to suffocate.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, aquatic elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Aquatic elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- An aquatic elf has a swim speed of 40 feet. She can move through water at her swim speed without making Swim checks. She has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some action or avoid a hazard. She can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. She can use the run action while swimming, provided she swims in a straight line.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Superior Low-Light Vision: Aquatic elves can see four times as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of low illumination.
- Weapon Proficiency: Aquatic elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An aquatic elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +0*.