Time Dilation (5e Spell)
From D&D Wiki
|Casting time:||1 action|
|Duration:||Concentration, up to 1 minute|
Unlike the Haste spell this does not affect your body, but creates a shell of altered time around you making it appear as if you were moving and acting faster than anything else. The shell incorporates your entire body and anything you are holding, save that of another person or creature. Whilst this spell is active, on and out of your turn, you gain additional time to do more things. When you cast this spell the time dilation effect gives you an addition 2 seconds to do something on your turn. To determine what you can do you first need to know how long it takes you to perform a task. On your turn you would usually have 6 second to do what you want, see the list below:
- Movement on your turn, weather you move 10ft or 40ft, is considered to take 3 seconds
- An action takes up 2 second
- A bonus action takes up 1 second
The attack action no matter how many attacks are involved takes up 2 seconds of time.
A Spell also takes up time to cast but unlike an attack action you may not be able to cast a second spell. There needs to be a cooldown time of 3 seconds between spells. During that time you can do anything you like but 3 seconds must pass before you can cast a second spell.
Additionally whilst the spell is active you gain the following effect
- You gain a bonus to your movement speed equal to +10ft of movement for every second of additional time given by the spell (additional 2 seconds of time gives a +20ft of movement)
- You gain a bonus to your AC equal to the additional time given by the spell (additional 2 seconds of time gives a +2 AC)
- When making an attack roll you gain advantage
- Your Weapon Attack damage is increased by 1D4.
- Opponents make attacks of opportunity against you with disadvantage.
- After your turn you can use multiple reactionary actions or abilities equal to the additional time given by the spell (additional 2 seconds of time allows 2 additional reactions only one of which can be a spell).
- Any Strength or Dexterity check you would make has advantage.
When the spell ends there is no lingering effect on you body. The shell simple dissolves and you are returned to normal time.
At Higher Levels. When you Cast this spell using a spell slot of 5th Level or higher. You gain 1 extra second of time and attack damage is increased by 1D4 for each spell slot above 4th level.