|| There is no air. No ground. No space. No time. All you can do is float through an endless abyss with no one but yourself as company. You've heard of this place in rumors and legends, whispers from sages and madmen. And now, here you are, in the center of the infinite nothing. Make yourself at home, because you are now a permanent resident of The Void.
An infinite, paracosmic realm of darkness. A cradle of creation, unbound by the chains of time or space or resources. This is The Void. It is a realm deeply filled with magic, presided over by a supermassive turtle god and guided by those with the strongest wills and most powerful imaginations. Only those who have been chosen by an inhabitant of The Void can find it, taking a risky step from the known to the powerful. All manner of men and beasts are present in this plane, ranging from the grotesque and terrifying to the beautiful and divine. Sages, scholars, artists, and warriors have made their way to this place, and though it does not have many environments within it, many of these would-be heroes and explorers have found their own adventures.
Campaign Setting Information
- Common Races: The Echoes
- Uncommon Races: Foreclaimer Hybrid
- Rare Races: Living Mannequin
- Prime Races' Variants:
- A feat represents a talent or competence that gives a character extraordinary capabilities. It embodies training, experience, and abilities beyond what a class provides.
- Due to The Void's limitless reach and magical potency, a large variety of classes have been made, and some familiar ones have changed to better suit this new environment.
- Various gear, goods, equipment and magical items available to characters.
- Spells & Magic
- Supplemental and variant information on spells and enchantments, as well as the nature, uses and practices of magic.
- Background & Languages
- Additional backgrounds & languages available in The Void.
- Downtime Activities
- In The Void, downtime activities are an optional guideline used to facilitate what player-characters can accomplish between encounters and adventures.
The Void's Expanse
- The Void and the Realms Within
- Information on the worlds, regions, cultures, and nations of The Void.
- An examination of monsters and beasts in The Void and how they've adapted to this plane.
- Time and History
- The broad history of The Void, divided into general eras. Some important events are included.
- Various peoples and individuals that populate The Void.
- A quick look at common societal trends and laws found in The Void.
- The Void's interactions and connections with the broader multiverse and other planes.
- An examination of The Void's pantheons of gods, their common appearances, their attributions, their practices of worship and how they commonly interact with the world.
Dungeon Master's Guide
- A general explanation of The Void and the general world building mindset, along with various outside resources and examples to use as references in developing a campaign or understanding the world.
- Marks of Prestige
- Blessings & Charms
- Epic Boons
- Variant Rules
- Optional rules for DMs to implement while playing a campaign in The Void.
- Quests, dungeons, campaigns, and conflicts found within the setting.
- Tables for random generation of dungeons, encounters, treasure, etc.
- Adding to The Void
- A page for submitting ideas, advice, and anecdotes from your campaigns for the development of this setting
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Campaign Settings