Talk:Sentinel (5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
- Starting equipment. You should not be able to start with plate armor or half-plate. Look at their gp value, then look at what is appropriate starting wealth (p. 143)
- Two-Weapon fighting. It's not called "double wield", and should state that it's one-handed weapons without the light property.
- Defence. No, you don't double your armor class. Do you mean that shields give you +4 AC instead of +2?
- Desperate Resurge. This does nothing for me if I chose the Two Weapon Fighting fighting style, since I'm using my bonus action to make another attack anyway.
- Wrath of the Undying. Not "between long rests". You regain the use of the feature when you finish a long rest.
- Hopes Avenger. Specify what damage types you get resistance to, there isn't a "nonmagical damage". The initiative +3 isn't much use, this is almost certainly triggered when combat is already underway.
- Infinite guardian. "You are immune to the poisoned condition..."
- Titan Sentinel, Visage of Light. These should take an action or bonus action. Marasmusine (talk) 11:36, 22 August 2016 (MDT)
This class is severely underwhelming, a frontline fighter that gets some features that help with avoiding damage but never gains an extra attack and has no way of dealing damage or disabling enemies is terrible. The only feature that looks better than just playing a fighter with the protection fighting style (or a paladin) is Magus Armor, but only because that feature is numerically broken and needs to be retooled as well. In short this entire class should be redesigned from the ground up.—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Croinosis (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts.