||April Fools!This content is not designed for use in regular games, and may affect overall balance and gameplay. Take caution when using this material.
Wondrous item, rare (requires attunement)
While wearing these sunglasses, you gain the following benefits:
- You have advantage on saving throws against being blinded by bright light, such as by the sunbeam spell.
- You have advantage on saving throws against magical effects that require direct eye contact, such as a medusa's petrifying gaze or the eyebite spell.
Curse. These sunglasses are cursed, and attuning to them extends the curse to you. As long as you remain cursed, you cannot take the sunglasses off, and you react aggressively to any creature that attempts to remove them from you.
The curse imposes the following drawbacks:
- You treat areas of bright light as if they were dim light, and areas of dim light as if they were darkness. If you have darkvision, its range is halved.
- You have disadvantage on Wisdom (Insight) checks made to determine if a creature is deceiving you, and disadvantage on saving throws against being charmed.
- The sunglasses glimmer with otherworldly images while you are in areas of darkness. These images threaten to distract you at critical moments. Roll a d8 at the start of each of your turns. On a roll of 1-5, you can act normally. On a roll of 6-7, you gain disadvantage on all attack rolls and ability checks until the end of your turn. On a roll of 8, you take no action this turn as you stare into the visions dancing before your eyes.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Equipment → Cursed Items