Slowkings (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
This is based off Slowking from Pokemon.
Slowkings are incredibly intelligent and wise, comparable to that of award-winning scientist. Within any situation, they always stay calm and collected. They are lazy, and enjoy sleeping many hours a day. They spend the majourity of their time awake researching the secrets of the earth. They aren't the most fond of physical labour, but are by no means bad at it. They are quite tired a lot of this time. They are humble about their intelligence. Their brains contain psychic powers. They come from the water. They have a control over water and also psionic powers.
Slowkings are around 6 feet tall, with pink skin, a pink and white frill around their necks, a pale yellow muzzle and belly, with a large grey shell, complete with horns and a jewel inside it. They often have a dull, slightly kind look upon their faces. They are plump with sturdy legs and a sturdy tail. They weigh about 175 lb.
They tend to get along well with all races.
More often good then anything else, they aren't active enough to actively go out of their way to commit evil acts.
Wet lands, but they do not take to the cold nicely.
Common, Elven, Gnomish and Dwarven
They are named by their parents.
- +4 Intelligence, +4 Wisdom, +4 Charisma, −10 Dexterity: Brainy, wise and smart-talking, they are very slow and tired all the time.
- Humanoid (Aquatic, Psionic): A humanoid creature with water and psionic powers.
- Medium: No size-related bonuses.
- Slowking base land speed is 10 feet: 50 feet when swimming,
- Invisible Gills: They can breathe underwater and on land equally as good.
- Oblivious (Ps): Slowking act as if they have the Psionic Power Mind Blank permanently in effect.
- Regeneration: Slowking can regenerate any severed limbs and tails, taking 4 hours/limb.
- Psychic Brain (Ps): A Slowking gets the same amount of Power Points as a Psion, and this increases as seen in the table. They also get access to one Psion discipline on this list.
- Surf: A Slowking can dive and swim around water easily, as they are home to it. They get a +2 bonus to any swimming-related checks.
- Own Tempo: A Slowking cannot be agitated or inflicted with Rage.
- Heal Pulse (Ps): At level 10, A Slowking can cast the spell Mass Heal 1/day.
- Scald (Sp): A Slowking can shoot out a scalding beam of water out from its mouth, dealing 1d6 + Wisdom modifier damage. This increases by 1d6 every 3 levels. This also has a 1/4 chance to deal fire/type damage, and deal 1d4 + Intelligence Modifier fire/type damage a round.
- Liquid Manipulation (Sp): A Slowking can control and manipulate water to its demands, it needs to roll a Concentration check vs. DC 10.
- Tsunami (Sp): A Slowking can create a wave of water from any source, dealing 1d6 + Wisdom modifier damage per 30 liters of water used. It hits all enemies within a 30-foot radius, per 30 feet of water. It takes a Strength check of 12 + 2 for every 30 liters of water to not be knocked Prone for 1d4 rounds.
- Zen Headbutt (Ps): At fourth level and onward, a Slowking can headbutt an enemy, dealing 1d6 + Strength Modifier damage, and has a 1/2 chance to Confuse the target for 1 round. This damage increases by 1d6 every 5 levels.
- Slack Off: 1/day, a Slowking can heal 1/4 of its maximum hit points when asleep.
- Bad Sight: A Slowking has the Near Sighted flaw.
- Sleepy: A Slowking has the Narcolepsy flaw.
- Lazy: A Slowking has the Laziness flaw.
- Psionic Damaging (Ps): A Slowking starts with the feat Insightful Strike.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Gnomish and Dwarven. Bonus Languages: Any, including secret.
- Favored Class: Psion, Wizard/Sorcerer, Monk
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|50 years||80 years||120 years||+10d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 7"||+3"||175.3 lb.||× (1) lb.|
|Female||6' 7"||+3"||175.3 lb.||× (1) lb.|
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Races