SRD Talk:Summon Monster Table
From D&D Wiki
Should we split this table up and add it to the Summon Monster spell entries? Or split it into templates and include it? --Mkill 22:01, 1 August 2007 (MDT)
- I have templated all the creatures that go in this table (User:Aarnott/Summon Monster), so it may be worth directing the table to the templates. They still need review and some work however (because there are no official rules as to what happen to vermin that gain intelligence and are no longer mindless). --Aarnott 07:39, 2 August 2007 (MDT)
- Redudancy is good. In my opinion, we should both list the summonable creatures for each monster summoning spell (including the allowed two-levels below), and keep this page. Having a single master list is a handy thing. Having creatures listed with their spells is a handy thing.
- I support splitting it into multiple templates.
- The entries themselves should point to Aarnott's templated creatures. That's a big help to those who run such critters. I'm surprised that nobody's done this already. Thanks Aarnott!!!--Dmilewski 14:00, 4 August 2007 (MDT)
- It was an interesting adventure to template them all. I figured it would be useful to the wiki and made more sense to me. Through the process I learned that depending on DM interpretation, Summon Monster III and IV can be obscenely good. See, there are two schools of thought on the matter of vermin gaining an intelligence score. The first is that they gain feats (how do you choose the feats though?), the second is that they gain no feats. My templated vermin went with the first and I made them significantly more powerful this way. At some point I want to remove the feats and have two different versions so that the DM can decide. Monsterous Centipedes for the win! --Aarnott 14:34, 12 August 2007 (MDT)
- Standard Tyrannosaurus is Neutral. The Fiendish template converts it to Chaotic Evil. --SgtLion (talk) 05:19, 11 August 2016 (MDT)
Link to 2nd level + creatures
It would be nice to add the correct link for the creatures (with template for fiendish and celestial already applied) for 2nd+ levels.