Path of the Chosen (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Path of the Chosen
|“||The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon how desperate you are.||”|
|—Unknown Shaman, explaining the gods that find interest in the Chosen.|
|“||Maim! Kill! Burn! Maim! Kill! Burn! Maim! Kill! Burn!||”|
|—A Chosen of Gruumush, to his fellow orcs before a siege|
|A human barbarian adorned in Chosen Armor|
Some barbarian wade through dungeons and dangerous lands seeking riches, others cut through tides of enemies in the pursuit of glory, some want to make the world a better place, while others want to grind the weak beneath their boot heels. An then, there are the Chosen.These armored champions and warriors wander the earth in search of challenge to prove themselves, and have attracted the attention of a patron god. Chosen are barbarians that have skills unlike most of their fellow warriors, fighting with the skill of demigods and the ferocity of devils.
- Bloodied Marauder
At level 3, your devotion to combat and fighting has attracted a dark/divine presence to you, which grants you the following benefits:
- You gain proficiency with heavy armor if you don't already have it. You gain the benefits of your barbarian class features even while wearing heavy armor.
- At 10th level, while raging and wearing a heavy armor, you ignore any extra damage from critical hits.
- At 15th level, while raging and wearing a heavy armor, piercing, slashing, and bludgeoning damage that you take from weapons is reduced by 3
- Recoiling Aura
At 6th level you gain the ability to inflict backlash damage when you are struck while raging. You have a pool of d6s that you spend to fuel the counter. The number of dice in the pool equals your proficiency bonus.
While raging, when another creature damages you with a melee attack, you can choose to inflict damage to all creatures within 5 feet of you, spending dice from the pool. Roll the dice you spend, add them together, and cause a number force damage equal to the total.
The creatures within the area must also make a Dexterity saving throw (DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength. On a failed save, you push the creatures 10 feet away from you and knock them prone.
Your pool regains all expended dice when you finish a long rest.
- Mark of the Gods
At Level 10, a mark of your patron appears on your body, empowering your body and mind with it's divine/baleful might. The mark grants you the following benefits:
- You have advantage on con saving throws against exhaustion.
- You can add half your proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any saving throw you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.
- You gain a bonus to damage rolls equal to half of your con modifier (rounded down).
- Mantle of the Chosen
At 14th level, your patron bestows upon you the title of Chosen which grants to you the following benefits:
- Your hit point maximum increases by a number equal to five times your Constitution modifier.
- When you're raging, you can add a number equal to half your Constitution modifier, rounded down, as a bonus to your attack rolls.
- While raging, as an action, you can make a melee weapon attack on each creature within your weapon's range. Make a attack roll against each target. You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus. You regain all expended uses when you complete a long rest.