Mad Mage's Rage (5e Spell)
From D&D Wiki
|Casting time:||1 action|
You fill yourself with great arcane power at the cost of being consumed by madness. For the duration of this spell, you gain the following benefits:
- You gain a flying speed of 60 feet.
- You gain 50 temporary hit points.
- You have immunity to lightning damage.
- You cannot be charmed or frightened.
- You can use a bonus action on your turn to create a crimson bolt of lightning that arcs towards a creature within 300 feet of you that you can see. That creature must make a Dexterity saving throw, taking 6d10 lightning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
However, this spell consumes you with an irresistible urge to destroy. On each of your turns for the spell's duration, you must use your action each round to either attack a creature near you or cast a spell which deals damage that affects a creature within range. If you can use your bonus action to blast lightning at a creature, you must do so. If there are no creatures within range of your attacks or spells, you must use your movement to move closer to a creature which you intend to attack or cast a spell on. If you cannot perceive any hostile creatures, you attack non-hostile creatures at random.
While this spell is in effect, concentrating on spells is impossible. It is often used by powerful spellcasters as a last resort, or as a means of committing suicide while taking as many enemies as they can with them.