The PAK is a backpack-like device that is grafted to the spine of every Irken upon their hatching. Serving as a secondary brain, the PAK contains all of an Irken's personality and statistics, but this also means that ten minutes is the longest amount of time an Irken can survive without their PAK before going braindead. if a PAK is separated from its host, it will seek out the closest living organism nearby of Medium or Small size and attempt to attach itself to the being with a grapple of DC 10, If the creature fails, it will attach to the creature's spine and will slowly begin to replace the new host's personality with that of the Irken's within 5(1d10) hours.
The Pak comes with an AC of 10 and shares the Hit Points of the player character rounded down, if hit The Pak will suffer 1 level of exhaustion and renders the player character unconscious at 5 levels of exhaustion, but comes with an assortment of useful equipment and weaponry listed below that can be used once every short or long rest, this increases to twice at 5th level, and three times per short or long rest at 10th level.
The Pak's weaponry stem from it's use of four mechanical, spider-like legs which can be used for the following affects:
- A quick and versatile mode of transportation, increasing your movement speed to 50 feet for up to 1 hour.
- Laser cutters(1d6).
- A Shield generator, increasing your AC by +3
- Auto-Reset: "reactivates" an Irken if they suffer a fatal injury once every 24 hours, at the cost of memory loss of any event that occured within the LAST 24 hours.
- Sharp dagger-like weapons(1d4).
- An Audio and/or video communicator that acts as the Message cantrip.
- A portable container, or Bag of Holding, for any variety of personals.
- A jetpack that increases your flight speed to 30ft.
- An invisible bubble helmet used for space travel or allow breathing underwater.
- A binocular helmet that has Dark Vision Goggles built in, You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in Darkness as if it were dim light. You CAN discern color in Darkness, only it's in a shade of green.
- Two small robotic arms extending from inside the PAK, gain Extra Attack for 1 minute.
- An organ-harvesting device that is used for 'information gathering', they deal 1d6 piercing damage. this increases to 2d6 at 5th level, and 3d6 at 10th level.
A set of ray guns attached to controllable tentacle-like appendages that, your available rays include:
- Disintegration Ray: You fire a blast of destructive energy. Make a ranged spell attack roll dealing 1d10 force damage on a successful hit. If a creatures hit points are reduced to 0 by this attack, the creature is disintegrated. A disintegrated creature and everything it is wearing and carrying, except magic items, are reduced to a pile of fine gray dust. This abilities damage increases by 1d10 when you reach 5th level (2d10), 11th level (3d10), and 17th level (4d10).
- Fear Ray: You awaken the sense of mortality in one creature in line of sight by firing a blast of purple energy from your ray gun appendage. A construct or an undead is immune to this effect. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw or become frightened of you for 1 minute. The frightened target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- Petrification Ray: You fire a blast of orange energy a creature from your ray gun appendage forcing the target within range to make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save the creature's speed is reduced to 0 and its legs, if any, have turned to stone for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- Paralyzing Ray: You fire a bolt of lightning from your ray gun appendage, the creature must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save the target is paralyzed. The effect ends at the end of your next turn.
Back to Main Page → 5e Homebrew → Equipment → Wondrous Items