See This Page for background information.
- +20 Strength, +24 Constitution, -4 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma
- Large: -1 to AC and Attack Rolls
- A hunter always wears it's Hunter-Armor. This grants it a +20 Armor Bonus to AC, a Max Dex bonus to AC of +0, a -8 Armor Check Penalty, and weighs 400lbs. Hunter-Armor has a Fuel Rod Cannon on it's right arm. The fuel rod is powered by the energy generated by the Lekgolo, and thus never runs out of ammunition. It also has an integrated shield on its left arm (Which provides 4 of the armor's 20 AC) and the shield can be used as a close combat weapon (always uses a Full-Round Action) that deals 4D10 damage. If the Hunter is being flanked from behind, he loses the benefit of the tower shield against that opponent. Any opponent that gets behind the hunter gets a +2 bonus to attack and damage rolls due to the weakness of their rear armor.
- When a single colony of Mgalekgolo becomes too big, the colony will divide in half to create two independent Mgalekgolo colonies. These colonies will share an extremely close and mysterious bond, referred to only as being "bond brothers". The two hunters usually remain close to one another, even during a battle. If one hunter is slain, the other will go into a rage, gaining a +4 bonus to it's strength and Constitution, a +2 morale bonus to Will saves, and a -2 penalty to Armor Class. The increase in Constitution increases the hunter’s hit points by 2 points per level, but these hit points go away at the end of the rage when it's Constitution score drops back to normal. (These extra hit points are not lost first the way temporary hit points are.) While raging, a hunter cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills (except for Balance, Escape Artist, Intimidate, and Ride), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration, nor can he cast spells or activate magic items that require a command word, a spell trigger (such as a wand), or spell completion (such as a scroll) to function. It can use any feat he has except Combat Expertise, item creation feats, and metamagic feats. A fit of rage lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the hunter’s (newly improved) Consitution modifier. A hunter may not prematurely end it's rage. A hunter automatically charges towards the character or creature that slew it's mate while in rage. If this is not possible, it will attack the nearest character or creature (friend or enemy).
- A hunter has 8 levels in the Magical Beast type, giving it +8 BAB. +6 Fortitude and Reflex saves, and +2 Will Saves. It also grants 8d10 HD, and 3 Feats.
Table: Hunter Random Starting Ages
Table: Hunter Aging Effects
Table: Hunter Random Height and Weight
||× (2D8) lb.
1. Includes Hunter-Armor.
Back to Main Page → D20 Modern → Races
Back to Main Page → D20 Modern → Campaign Settings → Halo → Races.