Wondrous Item (Crown), legendary (Requires Attunement)
Two worshipers of Juiblex attempted to sacrifice their daughter to the Demon lord in a ritual. But the Faceless Lord saw potential in the girl and the demon lord instead gave her incredible power over the oozes of the multiverse and making her their queen on the material plane. She forged circlets similar to her own, forged with her power so that the wearer may be able to harness some of her own abilities. But the circlet's true purpose is to spread the ooze.
The Crown of the Faceless Queen is a silver band with a beautiful blue gem embedded at the front. One you put it one, a strange ripple sensation will rush down your body. Your skin, organs and bones immediately change to to strange gelatin-like substance. You are able to revert back to your normal appearance, but your skin and body will take on this gooey form whenever your abilities are in use. You are able to stretch and morph your ooze body to fit your whims. When wearing the circlet, you gain the following abilities:
- Amorphous. You can move through a space as narrow as one inch without squeezing.
- Blindsight. 10ft, if you already had blindsight, it increases by 10ft
- Ooze Body. You can stretch your limbs and increase your reach with one handed melee weapons by 5ft and you have resistance to acid damage.
- Ooze Control. You can attempt to take command of a ooze. The ooze must make a DC (8 + Prof. Bonus + Char. Modifier) Wisdom saving throw or be under your control. If your are currently engaged in combat with tho ooze, it has advantage of the saving throw. While the ooze is charmed, you have a telepathic link with it as long as the two of you are on the same plane of existence. You can use this telepathic link to issue commands to the ooze while you are conscious (no action required), which it does its best to obey. You can specify a simple and general course of action, such as “Attack that creature,” “Run over there,” or “Fetch that object.” If the creature completes the order and doesn’t receive further direction from you, it will attemt to defend you form all harm to the best of its ability. You can use your action to take total and precise control of the target. Until the end of your next turn, the creature takes only the actions you choose, and doesn’t do anything that you don’t allow it to do. During this time, you can also cause the creature to use a reaction, but this requires you to use your own reaction as well. You can only have control over one ooze at a time and they will be loyal to you until you dismiss them.
- Ooze Spawning. Using a piece of your ooze body, you spawn a new ooze. It will be under the effects of your Ooze Control, but you can only have one ooze under your control at a time. When you create a new ooze, you must choose how much of your Hit Points you will spend to create it. The new oozes health is then equal to the Hit Points you spent. The more hit points you spend, the stronger it will be:
(13 > Hit Points = Tiny) (32 > Hit Points = Small) (33 < Hit Points = Medium) ooze, unaligned
Armor Class 8
Hit Points Equal to the amount of Hit Points spent ((Tiny = 1d6) (Small = 2d8) (Medium = 3d8))
|(Tiny = 8) (Small = 10) (Medium = 12) ()
||(Tiny = 12) (Small = 14) (Medium = 16) ()
Damage Resistances acid, cold, fire
Condition Immunities blinded, charmed, deafened, exhaustion, frightened, prone
Senses blindsight 60 ft (blind Beyond this radius)., passive Perception 8
Challenge 0 (0 XP)
Amorphous. The Ooze Spawn can move thru a space as narrow as one inch without squeezing.
Spider Climb. The Ooze Spawn can climb difficult surfaces, including upside down on ceilings, without needing to make an ability check.
Pseudopod. Melee Weapon Attack: +(2 + Str. Modifier) to hit, reach 5ft, one target. Hit: (1d6 + Strength Modifier) bludgeoning plus 7 (2d6) acid damage
[[Category:(13 > Hit Points = Tiny) (32 > Hit Points = Small) (33 < Hit Points = Medium) Size]]
Cursed Ooze Kiss. After 1d6 + 2 days off attunement, the true powers of the circlet are unleashed. The next time you put on the crown, you will be unable to remove it by any natural means. the next time you sleep, you dream of a strange young woman with a body of ooze. She seduces you and you enter into her embrace. She tells you how things will be different soon. After each long rest, you must make a DC 16 Constitution saving throw. On a success, nothing happens, but on a failure, you are stuck in your ooze form and will be unable to revert back to normal for one hour. You will repeat the saving throw each long rest, adding an hour for each failure and you will continue to dream of the strange ooze woman. After your third failed saving throw, your next long rest will be quite different. You once again dream of the woman, she smiles and gives you a kiss. Before you can respond, your mouth is filled with goo, and you can feel your blood thicken as it is replaced by ooze. Out in the real world, your body begins to convulse as a strange ooze-like substance begins to secretes from your body and form a large egg-like shell around your body. The shell has an AC of 22, has a health of 350 and is immune to all acid, cold, fire, lightning and all bludgeoning, piercing and slashing from nonmagical attacks. If the egg is broken while you are still inside, you perish. Inside you are semi-conscious as you feel as your skin and bones are replaced by ooze. While in this state, you hear the voice of the woman as she tells you about your fate and how this final transformation will be permanent. After 1d4 hours, the shell slowly begins to break away and you regain full conciseness. You find that you can no longer revert back to your normal form, for this time the change was permanent. You have finished your transformation into a Myxapia. All of your physical stats change to that of a sentient ooze and you lose all previous stats retaining to your race. The circlet remains intact and the Myxapia will attempt to pass it on to a new user who is ignorant to its true power.
When the curse is initiated, the only way to remove the curse and the crown is with a greater restoration spell. But once the transformation commences, the only way to revert the subject back to normal is with a wish spell.