Whip Master, Variant (5e Feat)
From D&D Wiki
Whip Master, Variant
The whip is an unconventional weapon, but you have learned to utilize it's unique properties to great advantage. You gain the following benefits:
- You become proficient in whips, if you are not already.
- You gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls made with whips.
- When you are using a whip, the damage die for it increases from a d4 to a d6.
- As a bonus action on your turn, you can increase your reach with the whip by 5 feet until the start of your next turn.
- When you take the Attack action and attack with a whip, you can make a special weapon attack to grab a creature with your whip. If you’re able to make multiple attacks with the Attack action, this attack replaces one of them. The target must be no more than one size larger than you and must be within the reach of your weapon. Make an attack roll with the whip, which the target must contest with either a Strength (Athletics) or Dexterity (Acrobatics) check. If you win the contest, you successfully grab the creature with your whip. While the creature is grabbed with your whip, you can choose two of three effects to occur: