Way of the Kiwami Heat (5e Subclass)
From D&D Wiki
Way of the Kiwami Heat
|“||It took me forty years to realize this. But for guys like us... our lives aren't really our own. There's always someone new to help. Someone we need to protect. These past few years, I fought that fate with all I had. But I'm done fighting. It's time I accept the hand I was dealt. Too many people depend on us. Their dreams depend on us.||”|
|—Kiryu Kazuma to Saejima|
The Way of the Kiwami Heat is a Monk Subclass based on the 'Ryu Ga Gotoku' ('Like A Dragon' or famously known as 'Yakuza') series. It is also mainly focused on attacking with unarmed strikes
Heat is acquired by determined people who are distended to gaining the power to protect someone dear to them, and some others want this power to gain a reputation for evil deeds that they would be willing to do for the choice of ruling the world, some others also want this power to run a criminal organization.
|Kiryu Kazuma, using his Heat while attacking someone (FOTNS: RGG. Kiryu skin DLC for Kenshiro.)|
Starting at 3rd level, you get a red aura close to your head and torso, your fists start to glow in a heat fiery aura as your body glows. You gain a new ability that you can activate by spending 2 Ki Points. For 1 minute, you gain a +2 to attack and damage rolls made with unarmed strikes, and you also gain a 1+ to AC.
You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus before requiring a long or short rest. The duration increases at the 6th, 11th, and 17th levels by 1 minute.
Feel the Heat!
Beginning at 6th level, your body feels stronger and tougher than before. For 1 Ki Point as a reaction to when getting hit with a melee attack roll while Heat Mode is active. You may infuse your fist with heat and strike back the creature, dealing 3dX + your Dexterity or Strength modifier (Where 'X' is equal to your Martial Arts die) force damage, the creature must succeed a Dexterity saving throw or be knocked prone, and stunned for 1 turn.
You can use this feature a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus before requiring a long or short rest.
Essence of Kiwami
Beginning at 11th level, you are starting to realize that your Heat is potent enough to harness different abilities. You can gain the following Kiwami abilities while in Heat:
- Pride of the Blue Dragon
- Your Heat starts glowing in brilliant blue as you let out a roar like a dragon. As a reaction to when being attacked and as long as you are within equal range to your movement speed of the attacker. You may spend 30 seconds of Heat mode and 1 Ki Point to halve the attack's damage and shift behind their back which causes the creature to roll a Wisdom (Perception) check against your Dexterity (Stealth) check. If the creature fails then, you may attack them with an unarmed strike with advantage. On a success, the creature is aware of your location.
- Pride of the Pink Vermilion Bird
- Your Heat glows in a brilliant pink as you jump in place as a boxer would do, while getting your fists ready. As an action, you may use 1 minute and 30 seconds of your Heat and 3 Ki Points, as long as you are within 5 ft of a creature. Roll 2d4 and the result is equal to how many unarmed strikes you roll against that said creature. You gain 1 level of exhaustion until the end of the combat encounter, and if the amount of unarmed strikes made with this feature is below three, you also gain another level of exhaustion
- Pride of the Yellow Tortoise
- Your Heat glows in a golden yellow as your body starts feeling heavier like a tortoise. As an action, you may spend 1 minute of heat and 2 Ki Points to increase your AC by 3, while also making your movement speed halved, but you deal an extra +3 to damage rolls, and all hostile creatures within 5 ft must spend their action to attack you during their turn once. Attacking creatures are unable to physically move away from you as long as this is active. This effect can be ended as a free action. You can't use Pride of the White Tiger while this mode is active.
- Pride of the White Tiger
- Your Heat swaps to a white glow like a snow tiger, summoning a ghostly white tiger and having it loop around you, then vanishing into you. As an action, for 3 minutes of Heat and 6 Ki Points. When you use this feature your turn gets skipped twice, and all enemies gain advantage against you until you are able to act. When it's your turn and if there are two or fewer enemies within 5 feet of you who are at half of their maximum or less, you may attack them with your unarmed strikes, dealing extra damage equal to your Strength score against said creatures as force damage. if there are more enemies around you within 5 ft of you, they are frightened, you also gain a +1 to AC and to all melee attack rolls and damage, and you have advantage on all enemies within 10ft on your first attack roll. this mode will be on during the entire fight or be canceled as a free action. You can't use Pride of the Yellow Tortoise while this mode is active
The Heat Dragon
Beginning at 17th level, Your mind is one with The Heat Dragon, and you feel as if your body is shared with The Heat Dragon, your body rages in a darkened blue glow as The Heat Dragon emerges from your heat. It circles around you until the dragon enters your body. Your eyes glow blue and so does your body, growing blue spiritual draconic wings. An outline on your back now reveals a dragon spiritual image that is glowing with you.
Once you drop to 0 Hit Points, for 8 Ki Points. The power of the dragon fully takes over you, and you get up to continue the fight, gaining the following effects for until the end of the combat encounter:
- All of Heat mode benefits are doubled (AC, damage & attack rolls). You deal an extra die of damage as fire damage when attacking with a melee weapon.
- Your current hit points are equal to 0, but you gain temporary hit points equal to your maximum hit points. (You become unconscious and you begin to roll death saves once you fall down again. Any effects of healing magic or status effects can't be used on you while there are temporary hit points left.)
- You gain a flight speed of 50 ft, and 30 ft of truesight.
- You are always in Heat mode with an indefinite duration.
- You gain a stack of 'Resolve' equal to your Constitution modifier, which you can spend 1 stack of to use a feature from Essence of Kiwami without spending any resource, you begin using your Ki Points once you expend all stacks of 'Resolve'.
- You are also able to use 'Pride of the Yellow Tortoise/White Tiger' together whilst under the effects of this feature.