Warforged Infiltrator (5e Race Variant)
From D&D Wiki
Warforged - Infiltrator
Infiltrators are living constructs designed with infiltration, information gathering and achieving mission adjectives in mind. They feature unsurpassed biomimicry showing visible emotions, such as sorrow, anger and even bashfulness, to deceive enemies and targets in order to misdirect or avoid being detected. Nobody knows how many of these artificial operatives were created or where the location of their creator or creators reside.
Type You are a living construct.
Age. With their regular maintenance regiments of internal components, Infiltrators show no signs of deterioration due to age. But their living hide will age as per their 'Living Flesh' trait.
Size. Your size is based on your 'Living Flesh' selection.
Speed. Your speed is based on your 'Living Flesh' selection. Your speed is not reduced by wearing heavy armor.
Constructed Hardiness. You were created to have remarkable versatility, represented by the following traits:
- Your thaumaturgy construction converts healing magic in to mending magic, but has the side effect of blocking normal mending magic, allowing you to be healed by spells such as cure wounds and you can make use of magical consumables like potions. Any type of mundane healing only effect your Living Flesh.
- You have intricately enchanted clockwork organs powering both your organic and inorganic components requiring you to eat and drink like other humanoid races. You absorb air alchemically making it unnecessary to breathe.
- You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.
Sentry's Repose. When you take a long rest, you must spend at least six hours in an inactive, motionless state, rather than sleeping. In this state you perform system maintenance, which include repairs, and you appear inert, but it doesn’t render you Unconscious, and you can see, hear and smell as normal.
T.A.L.C.I.M. The Talcim is a Thaumaturgy Algorithm Learning Clusters of Interlaced nano Moignos and one of the most powerful devices of such kind ever built. The Talcim is about the size of an average human's fist and is housed within magical shielded, lead lined inertial damper located in the head. Removal would result in the shut-down of the Infiltrator it belonged to, making it the "soul" of the unit. You have the following traits:
- Your artificial mind grants you advantage on Wisdom and Charisma saving throws. You have immunity to madness and insanity.
- Your algorithm mind allows you to have advantage on Intelligence checks and you always know the direction you are facing. You always know the time of day or night. You can accurately recall anything you have seen or heard.
Pseudo Training. You learn one Fighting Style option of your choice from the fighter class. You can’t take a Fighting Style option more than once, even if you later get to choose again. Whenever you reach a level that grants the Ability Score Improvement feature, you can replace this Fighting Style with another one from the fighter class that you don't have. You have proficiency with 2 martial weapons of your choice.
Living Flesh. You are granted a sheath of artificially engineered tissues including flesh, skin, hair, blood, and other bodily fluids, it radiates warmth, secretes sweat and can even bruise and bleed when cut. Your outer appearance is based on the size of your endoskeleton and the different configurations of living disguises, each one giving the appearance of a different humanoid race and gender, though none of your Racial traits change beside your Size and Speed. Your Living Flesh has enhanced regeneration and can heal most damage within days or minor wounds in hours, but any underlying mechanical damage remains until you take a Sentry's Repose or until magical healed. Your flesh is also not immune to magical aging effects. You do not feel pain, but can sense "injuries".
- Weight in pounds is selected race x 1.5.