War Golem (5e Template)
From D&D Wiki
While most golems are built to serve as guards or soldiers, some are built solely for battle. With a reinforced structure and improved mental capacities, a war golem can make a formidable warrior. It takes an extra amount of time and gp equal to half of the current time and gp required to build a normal golem to create a war golem.
Hit Dice. Increase the war golem's hit dice by 4.
Abilities. Increase each of the war golem's ability scores by 2.
AC. Increase the war golem's AC by 1 by natural armour.
Speeds. Increase each of the war golem's speeds by 10 feet.
Brute. A melee weapon deals one extra die of its damage when the war golem hits with it.
Constructed Fortitude. If damage reduces the war golem to 0 hit points, it must make a Constitution saving throw with a DC of 5 + the damage taken, unless the damage is from a critical hit. On a success, the war golem drops to 1 hit point instead.
Multiattack. The war golem makes an additional melee weapon attack.
Parry. The war golem adds its proficiency modifier to its AC against one melee attack that would hit it. To do so, the war golem must see the attacker and be wielding a melee weapon.
Recalculate the creature's CR with the following considerations:
- Increased hit points (from improved hit dice).
- Increase AC by 1 (from AC increase).
- Increase effective AC by 1 (from Parry).
- Increase effective damage per-round damage by the amount listed in the trait (from Brute and Multiattack).
- Increase damage for one round by the amount listed in the trait (from Wounded Fury)
- Increase effective hit points based on the expected challenge rating: 1-4, 7 hp; 5-10, 14 hp; 11-16, 21 hp; 17 or higher, 28 hp (from Constructed Fortitude).